• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Harvey

Texas CTD

Well Houston has gotten record flooding once again. To the southwest they've had major damage from the Cat 4 hurricane last weekend.

It's stalled out as a tropical storm, and supposed to keep dumping rain for the rest of the week. 

I live 50 miles north of Houston, and we've got about 14"-15" inches of rain in 48 hours. Creeks are out of their bank, and we got the cows closed off in the high pasture. 

I know forum member, "The_Hammer" has posted before about getting flooded out, and wouldn't doubt if he's flooded again. He's from the Wharton area, which is southwest of Houston.

• Sad 1

I have been thru a few hurricanes out my way on the east coast but very few with the rain yall have seen or have coming this quickly. Hope you can stay high if not dry. It amazes me what straight line winds can do, just rips **** apart, nothing you can do but get out of the way. 

16 hours ago, Texas CTD said:

Well Houston has gotten record flooding once again. To the southwest they've had major damage from the Cat 4 hurricane last weekend.

It's stalled out as a tropical storm, and supposed to keep dumping rain for the rest of the week. 

I live 50 miles north of Houston, and we've got about 14"-15" inches of rain in 48 hours. Creeks are out of their bank, and we got the cows closed off in the high pasture. 

I know forum member, "The_Hammer" has posted before about getting flooded out, and wouldn't doubt if he's flooded again. He's from the Wharton area, which is southwest of Houston

If i am not mistaken @The_Hammer has had to rebuild twice already since being a member here. 

I guess in some ways I'm fortunate I don't live in Houston anymore but sucks for much of my family that have already lost a good bit.  More on the way too.  Regardless though I'm thankful for the community and Texas as a whole.  Seems like everyone has stepped up from every direction you can think of.  Incredible seeing communities come together.

If anyone needs anything please pass it along so we can help out.

Edited by Carbur8tr
Spelling

I want to tell yall something, have a plan because whats happing here can happen anywhere. It may not be water it could be anything. When I heard this was coming I went through the house and looked over food, snacks and water. I went a got two extra cases of water and said to myself do I really need the water? My first thought was someone may need it more than I. I have a lot of water stock piled. I was out the day before doing this, getting welding machine ready and gas. I looked around and nobody is stocking up, no gas or anything, their walking around with their nose stuck on their phone. We have some good neighbors too, the Cajun Navy is helping with boats and trucks, big trucks lol.  Approx 2000 911 calls per hour. My son in law lost his 2016 Dodge 2500 its about 10' under water.

• Owner

Like myself, I've got an escape plan too. There is a bag behind my driver seat that is filled with everything to keep you alive for at least 1 day for two people. As for at home I'm stocked up on fuel, water, RV typically is keep stocked through the summer and ready. There is the guest house but that's a trainwreck now. Still there is plenty of supplies here to keep us alive for days, weeks, months if needed. Even gone as far as having canned powered items like powdered eggs, butter, milk, cheese, etc. 

Boy that does suck. We had a major flood in 08 that no one expected. Me and few of my friends spend a lot of time helping people move things out as the law just stood by and watched, worst yet tey were kicking some people out and forcing them to leave pets behind. We've lost count how many pets we got out from addresses people told us to go and check. Then we had a mail man telling us where there were handicapped people that never got rescued, sure enough walking through first floor find a lady on crunches sitting on couch with water touching her butt and electricity still on. After getting some of these people to dry land we had some angry residents that were ready to tear lawenforcement apart as all they would do is push everyone back as water came up. They tried arresting us few times but we would always find a place to drop someone off and drive back in water before they get there. Aventualy they cut up to us but by that time we were giving rides to news channels and when we got back and cops seen news people they just politely asked us to leave. Here is a video of us driving around flooded naighbor hood. 

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1