• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tyler's 4th Gen

TFaoro

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Tell them you want to see the damaged parts. Tell them you want to see the pan after its removed or dropped. It's your privilege to make these demands if they are not will to comply find another dealer. I had a special understanding with the service manager and could get peeks at the work being done.

24 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

use and abuse that warranty man.  Like Mike said, require to see the damaged parts, and the box/plastic for the new parts.  

I'll see what the local dealer says this week. I still don't like it, but I guess it's cheaper and I need the time to finish the 2nd gen. 

59 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

You were expecting higher? That seems pretty good for the trailer. 

Compared to the 2nd gen that's pretty bad haha. I bet it would have gotten 15-16 considering it got 12mpg grossing 27K.

I know how you feel having monkeys do things to your tuck, maye you get lucky and they do it right.

On the other hand friend of mine just had new fuel lines put on his car got bent over for $750 drove to Chicago about 4 hour drive for him and noticed his mileage sucked and when parked had fuel leaking on the ground. I just check price on new fuel lines $150 for a whole set, maybe an hour or two worth of work. He's but hurt at this moment. I told him it's more then likely quick connect fittings and he can probably do it himself, but after 750 you shouldn't have to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about a set of wheels for the new pig. These are 20x10 with a -19 offset. I'm thinking 20x9 with a 0 or +1 offset as I want the wheels tucked (I like my paint!)

If anyone has some suggestions post them up. @trreed thinks the ones I like suck, so let's see what you guys like!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4d11e5b7ded08803output.jpg.4205682dceaa0b456178df873545cd8b.jpg

Edited by TFaoro

13 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Tucked under is way better. Trust me...

Oh I know - I hurt the paint on my 2nd gen with tires that weren't tucked. Lesson learned!

18 minutes ago, Killer223 said:

All aftermarket will poke out some. i've never seen an aftermarket that tucks like OEM

No..... It all depends on how the wheel is setup. There's wheels with +24 offset that'll sit inside the steel fenders - which would be WAY inside the factory flares. 

7 minutes ago, trreed said:

But why care what I think?  It's your truck. I'll just laugh at you whenever I see it.

Don't bring your jealousy out on the forum young padawan 

• Owner
10 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Oh I know - I hurt the paint on my 2nd gen with tires that weren't tucked. Lesson learned!

Even with my old modular mags and slight outward offset I got tired of every 40 miles of cleaning the side window glass because I could not see to do a lane change on the interstate. So I have to roll down my windows just so I could see the mirror. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Did someone delete their truck? :lmao:

Not quite yet.... I'm going to have the dealer fix the nasty oil pan leak, then she'll get deleted. It's been drinking DEF like crazy, so that's my excuse. I'll be using WARP tuning written by me to delete it and optimize the stock tune for better mileage. 

9 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm curious why you didn't get a Smarty?

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

you need warp for delete tunes, the smarty udc pro won't do it.  It is a smarty device though, just sold from outside of the EPA's reach.

Nick is correct. "RaceMe Ultra and MM3" are literally a Smarty Touch with delete software. They're made in Europe and sold from Europe or Canada. MM3 is the same as the RaceMe, but it doesn't have pre-loaded tunes in it. 

• Owner

Hmmm... 

I had a long discussion with a friend about the 4th gen truck and their issues. Like I told him if people of our caliber were to dive in and figure the engine out we might be able to keep from deleting them completely. Kind of like the early years of catalytic converters on the 1980's cars that people chopped off. Now they are just part of the car. So eventually I'm hoping the same knowledge comes to the diesel realm for the 4th gens. 

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Hmmm... 

I had a long discussion with a friend about the 4th gen truck and their issues. Like I told him if people of our caliber were to dive in and figure the engine out we might be able to keep from deleting them completely. Kind of like the early years of catalytic converters on the 1980's cars that people chopped off. Now they are just part of the car. So eventually I'm hoping the same knowledge comes to the diesel realm for the 4th gens. 

Unfortunately I don't think it matters how many smart people get together to try and solve the problem. An EGR is an EGR - they'll always decrease efficiency and fill the intake with soot. 

The rest of the exhaust system might be okay for now. It seems people with 2013+ have many less issues than the 07.5-09 and even the 10-12 model years. 

I've read the EGR is open a lot less on the 2013+, but after having a monitor and seeing mine open 30+% at almost all times I'm not convinced that information is correct. 

I think if the manufactures can get rid of the EGR and work on increasing the reliability of the rest of the exhaust system things will be pretty decent. Until then, those of us who don't want to deal with "200 miles until 5mph" will delete. 

• Like 2

• Owner
51 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

An EGR is an EGR - they'll always decrease efficiency and fill the intake with soot. 

I'll have to agree with the EGR system that is a very stupid system that never worked since the 70's. If you are feeding the engine CO2   mixed with the air you are decreasing the amount of oxygen that the fire can burn reducing power. Then turn around you are demanding more power to make up for the loss of power. Hence wasting fuel. I don't buy the acid rain thing that the EGR is supposed to prevent. 

55 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

I think if the manufactures can get rid of the EGR and work on increasing the reliability of the rest of the exhaust system things will be pretty decent.

That would be a good idea. 

56 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Until then, those of us who don't want to deal with "200 miles until 5mph" will delete.

Can you explain that... :think:

• Like 1