• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

About had it with the Quad already

Sycostang67

1 hour ago, AH64ID said:

On a side note, where did you find slick roads yesterday? I was all over Kuna, Meridian, and out to the airport and didn't see anything slick. Everything was as dry as it has been all week. 

You're not the first person I heard talk about slick roads, I'm just not sure where they were. :wink:

It was that long banked curve into town between mcdonalds and Les Schwab.  It didn't look to bad, but had a shine to it.  I had slowed down before going through it but as I was gradually increasing throttle I just hit that fueling ramp and the sudden boost of power was enough to kick it out.  I've also had AT tires my whole life, this is my first winter with MT's so I'm trying to be extra careful until I learn how they behave. 

What time were you out and about, I left the house at 4:30 and it was sprinkling snow, everything was covered by the time I got to work.  I went home about 10:00 and the main roads and freeway were fine, things just started getting moist again as I got back to Kuna.   

@Sycostang67 have you tried a different device?  Working with BT systems day in and day out I have found some things just don't like working together.  I've run into hardware with BT that will talk to Apple but not Android and even certain hardware that this happened on said it was compatible with both.  

I have also found that some devices don't have consistent connections or seem to be weaker/ more temperamental than others....  Just a thought hope it helps

• Staff
15 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

It was that long banked curve into town between mcdonalds and Les Schwab.  It didn't look to bad, but had a shine to it.  I had slowed down before going through it but as I was gradually increasing throttle I just hit that fueling ramp and the sudden boost of power was enough to kick it out.  I've also had AT tires my whole life, this is my first winter with MT's so I'm trying to be extra careful until I learn how they behave. 

What time were you out and about, I left the house at 4:30 and it was sprinkling snow, everything was covered by the time I got to work.  I went home about 10:00 and the main roads and freeway were fine, things just started getting moist again as I got back to Kuna.   

Interesting, do you work out in Caldwell? I think they got inversion snow Friday morning.

I live just east of that curve and don't recall any snow Friday morning... it did start snowing Friday night about 9:45. 

I first left the house at 7:40 and then again around noon. 

When I left, I'm not exactly sure what it was doing.  I couldn't see snow, fog or rain, but my windshield was getting wet.  I was working on overland near latah, and everything was covered with snow by the time I got there.  It snowed every day that week out at micron, but I think that's more influenced by something they release into the air.  I don't recommend eating the snow out there. 

• Owner
On 12/7/2017 at 6:19 PM, Sycostang67 said:

So this is all Mikes fault now? :wink:

I'll take the blame. The whole idea of bridging the site store with another vendor was totally experimental and I was expecting weird issues. Like in your case the Quadzilla software was specified. I'm working with unknown territory so... I'm sorry it didn't work for you. 

Not to mention now that I tried to run VirtualBox on the laptop to fire up Windows 7 on it. It failed to start because the AMD-v is disabled by the BIOS and there is no way to enable it. So I wouldn't of been able to fix that problem with reflashing. 

Now if you already have a Windows computer you could of downloaded the flash here.

https://mopar1973man.com/files/category/14-quadzilla-adrenaline-v2-flash-files/

Then picked up a Mini USB cable for less than $5 bucks off Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Controller-Players-Digital-Receiver/dp/B00P0GI68M/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1514304541&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=usb+mini+cable&psc=1

Then @Me78569 has the full write up on how to flash your Quadzilla. 

This is now my 3rd Winter on the Quadzilla and now that I'm finally getting it all figured out it way better than the Edge Comp was. Better fuel control and now understanding how to do timing I can get back to my high marks this coming summer. 

Another 250 mile round trip for @MoparMom dialysis in Ontario, OR. I should have fun today... Quadzilla still set for level 3.

20171226_091339.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1