• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dually suggestions

hex0rz

Yea, it's a tough one. We cummins owners are proud...

He said he's pretty much firm. Sucks it's not a quad cab. He's a 6 hour drive from me so it's hard to know if it's in good mechanical condition. 

From what I'm seeing the prices on these trucks are being artificially inflated by demand. The demand being a lot of young kids spending Dads money on the latest fad.......diesel pickups. What they want though is short bed quad cabs and not dually flat beds. Thats how I got mine so reasonable. I didn't really need a dually but it was 6-8k less than what comparable 2500's were bringing at the time. And it's more truck. No brainer for me. Unfortunately though people think if a rusty QCSB with 300k mi. and a hood stack brings 12k then their single cab  dually should be worth the same. Personally I wouldn't give a nickel for a short bed anything because I need a truck for a truck. That's just me. I'd let him set on it for a while and see what happens. He might be willing to face reality in a couple months. But then again...................

• Staff

All those new parts he put on shouldn't increase the price.  The trans, steering box and diff rebuild just means either he didn't take care of it or abused it. The clutch and tires are a wear part like brakes.  Radio is a $25 add on.  Don't let him have you pay for what he wore out by saying "but I put all these new parts into it".  

• Like 1

He listed it on a beekeepers page catering to that. He said allot of people were asking questions. Which then led him to think that its worth what he was asking.

Been seeing allot of trucks listed lately that I would consider buying. Some are even much newer and seems decently priced.

A more recent listing I have across is this one:

Screenshot_20190322-132139_Chrome.jpg.199b1a2f961ca57821890b583a1f1e63.jpg

I'm getting more info on it tomorrow, but it seems very promising. Well, except for convincing the wife! ?

• Staff

I could bring that one to Portland Oregon and get $16,500 if not been messed with. That's the one right there. Got to watch those cab lights they do leak. I put O rings on each screw and never leaked again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Broadn your search to include 2nd gen cab and chassis 2wd trucks. I found one for 2500 had 120k miles. Only needed minor TLC. Was a x highway district truck and has a dump bed on it worth more than the truck. 

I dont really see the need for a dually. A gooseneck is 6k, what's your machine weigh? How bought the hive boxes. If your not over 15k I think I'd just keep to a single rear wheel. If your over 20k plus truck maybe consider a dually. But that would be a maybe