• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift Pump Question

1 hour ago, W-T said:

Guys...I'm so loaded...I'm just trying to catch up with Dripley...something about muffler bearings or battery bushings...oh heck... 

Muffler bearings good, blinker fluid low. Amazing what happens here when you doze off for a bit.

• Like 1

I used to be amazed that most have no clue what's going on but now I'm getting used to it. And I don't mean this in a bad way, it's just most have enough in their life to worry about then looking into things.

The reason I was asking about the whole 5G Network stuff, I figured with some clever Minds on this site I would have more input on the subject other than what random people have to say that might not have a clue about RF /radio frequency. 

I guess the idea behind 5G is to put transmitters everywhere for better wifi and whatever connection, that means big cities/smart cities will be saturated with this frequencies and eventually It'll spread everywhere. And according to some studies these frequencies are somehow different from 4G and could potentially impact biological life.

I basically wanted your guys's take on it if it's all Bs or there is some truth to that. I personally spoke to a few people that work on these antennas, and truthfully never got a straight answer. But they all said that they try to spend least amount of time right next to one and how they can't wait to get out of the field into the office. 

I know there was a big scare about microwaves and still is but most ignore it,  then there is cell phones and how they supposed to cause tumors if you're always glued to one, then the Wi-Fi and smart meters. 

I don't want to sound paranoid but I would like to know from someone that knows not just thinks. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. And that logic can apply to other things.

Sorry it's still early just started drinking coffee.

• Like 2

• Staff

Noting like fresh ground and real perked coffee....

I read an article on the subject of electromagnetic pollution affecting bees. Apparently they communicate and navigate with their antennae with one being positive an the other negative. Bee populations are dwindling because of the confusion caused by the pollution. Unable to properly convey messages about pollen locations nor able to properly navigate.... It's also caused them to become active out of season. GMO plants also weakening their immune systems by loosing a lot of the natural aspects/ ingredients carried in healthy pollen.

Smart meters when several were installed or ganged together at new a school, three teachers became very ill. The closest one died from brain tumors and the two adjacent classrooms the teachers were complaining of same early symptoms.

Just google article on electromagnetic pollution and bee populations. You will get a lengthy article written by  a large group of researchers. A real eye opener for our reliance on the bees.

I know one thing too, that doing hard outside work, simple low stress type is the best to keeping you young. I have a theory too... that hard work while accomplishing something you love has greater health benefits than exercise equipment, treadmills and health club redundancy.

• Like 2

• Owner
3 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I know one thing too, that doing hard outside work, simple low stress type is the best to keeping you young. I have a theory too... that hard work while accomplishing something you love has greater health benefits than exercise equipment, treadmills and health club redundancy.

Absolutely. Man I do miss doing firewood. Falling trees, bucking up the rounds. Then bring it all home and split it up and stack it for next winter. 

@W-T he's suppose create an actually soon about how to build your own noise filter for your lift pumps. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Absolutely. Man I do miss doing firewood. Falling trees, bucking up the rounds. Then bring it all home and split it up and stack it for next winter. 

Amen Mike! Its been way to long since iv been up in the mountains cutting firewood! :(

@W-T he's suppose create an actually soon about how to build your own noise filter for your lift pumps. 

Did you mean to say that he is creating an article soon? 

Now I'm a wee bit confused about the pump noise filter. Are we talking about AC  noise or audible noise?

Hmm, everyone here is worried about motor noise (ac noise) from the lift pump but not that single wire across an alternator.. lol.

No there shouldn't be any problems here because coils will actually help shed noise in some cases, think a coil of coax at the bottom of an antenna.. but as someone mentioned the harness from FASS uses twisted wires, but remember the twist frequency determines a specific frequency where noise can jump into them. Twists are put in wire to reject outside noise, if the noise enters directly into the wire end from the pump then twisted pairs will not help. A coil, ferrite or other noise isolation device will be helpful, but in this case its just a set of power wires, headed for the battery.. which will filter. And back to grounding, if the grounding is good. It will help dissipate anything on the grounds. I had fuel pump noise very clear in my radios until I upgraded the chassis ground to battery.

I'd be way more concerned with audible noise, I hear the fass's are horrible in that regard.

Regarding the 5G discussion that sprung up, did someone start a thread for it in the general section? Being in the network world, I have thoughts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I used to be amazed that most have no clue what's going on but now I'm getting used to it. And I don't mean this in a bad way, it's just most have enough in their life to worry about then looking into things.

The reason I was asking about the whole 5G Network stuff, I figured with some clever Minds on this site I would have more input on the subject other than what random people have to say that might not have a clue about RF /radio frequency. 

I guess the idea behind 5G is to put transmitters everywhere for better wifi and whatever connection, that means big cities/smart cities will be saturated with this frequencies and eventually It'll spread everywhere. And according to some studies these frequencies are somehow different from 4G and could potentially impact biological life.

I basically wanted your guys's take on it if it's all Bs or there is some truth to that. I personally spoke to a few people that work on these antennas, and truthfully never got a straight answer. But they all said that they try to spend least amount of time right next to one and how they can't wait to get out of the field into the office. 

I know there was a big scare about microwaves and still is but most ignore it,  then there is cell phones and how they supposed to cause tumors if you're always glued to one, then the Wi-Fi and smart meters. 

I don't want to sound paranoid but I would like to know from someone that knows not just thinks. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. And that logic can apply to other things.

Sorry it's still early just started drinking coffee.

Gosh..my apologies for my flippant response...this thread has become a bit off focus...none the less.

@Dieselfuturethe advancement of Cellular has progressed at an alarming rate. Everyone has a phone and the frequencies being utilized for this service are in the lower end of the microwave portion of the frequency spectrum. This portion of the spectrum officially begins at 1 GHz and I believe Cellular occupies segments in the 2.4 GHz slot. The exact location is not necessary for this discussion, it's just best to know you're holding a microwave transceiver, operating in full duplex to your cranium. Madam Marie Curie maybe the most recognizable French/Polish physicist to have brought attention to radiation and awoke the world to "what you can not see might very well harm the human body" announcement. Yes...she payed dearly with her life for the experiments she conducted. Bless her soul.

Today's modern world affords all of us with fabulous technology and with common sense application,... we all benefit. These small radios (cellular devices) do operate at frequency octaves that can or could cause heat damage to the brain and sensitive optic nerves of the human body. A common chicken egg in the kitchen micro-wave oven will display a fine example of the effects of concentrated micro-wave energy. The "power" of a common micro-wave oven is way more powerful than a cellular phone. 

These cellular phones operate at very low levels of RF power output and exposure to these levels are what the EPA and FCC refer to as none harmful when used reasonably. I guess if one was to talk on the phone non-stop for ten years 24 hours a day you might expect to have some side effects. The first thing someone would notice is your cornea of the eye would begin to "milk-over" much like cooking an egg.

To lessen long term exposure, use your phone less...and remember this:

When the signal on your phone indicates maximum signal strength from the near-by cell tower installations the ALC (automatic level control) of the transmitter portion is regulated by the relative field strength of the "received signal". This means that when you have a great signal your transmitter is operating at the "lowest" RF power output because it doesn't need the power to hit the cell tower. This means your battery power lasts longer for that long winded conversation. You will have more "talk time" in a strong signal environment.

If you note your signal strength indicator is low...your ALC circuit will increase the transmitted power to maximum levels and that increases your exposure to RF radiation levels. Weak signal environments or location will tax your battery supply much quicker.

Chatting on the cell phone with maximum received signal strength will lessen your RF exposure.

@notlimahwould have direct knowledge of these principles  at micro-wave levels.

How did we get to RF, micro-wave and ALC from a "lift-pump question"...it's too early for a beer yet...so Dripley...you're the lead man here for additional libations after 5pm.

• Thanks 1

• Staff

He's talking about lightening or spark noise.  When the brushes make and break contact sending A/C ripple back into the system. The lift pump motors on these after market pumps are about as noisy with A/C as Mike with his chain saw.

W-T Brought this up on a phone conversation....... mentioning this very interesting subject that the electric motor on the stock Carter lift pump is engineered to curtail this noise. W-T went on to say that the Carter people and Dodge engineers really knew what they were doing when it was designed. The only problem being that it can't hold p.s.i. levels needed for the VP44.

• Like 2

guys... think of the poor future googlers... they are going to be searching for RF and 5G and end up here, or the opposite, looking for lift pump advice and having to weed through this to find it. I would love to join the 5G conversation but this is indeed as many have pointed out, a Lift Pump thread.

• Like 2

• Staff

But that's what makes it fun, different, interesting conversation around this place. It's what normal folks do:USflag:.

I can moderate, but why remove the welcoming aspect? The human aspect?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

But that's what makes it fun, different, interesting conversation around this place. It's what normal folks do:USflag:.

I can moderate, but why remove the welcoming aspect? The human aspect?

Yeah, but that's what eventually causes people to go "Search for it" when someone searches and searches and cant find the answer and opens a new thread ;) Very frustrating, I'm all for open conversation, used to run a large forum site years ago, but each topic has it's place? I dunno, was just a suggestion. I don't mind either way.

• Like 1

Our threads here do tend to wander on occasion. Somewhat part of who we all are. I havegotten quite adept at filtering thru the ones that wander if looking for specific info. But a new thread is never a bad idea.

• Like 2