• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

GSP7

Buy Fass Titanium from?

In the western US , Who is a good dealer to buy a Fass titanium from ?

Id get one from Eric at Vulcan but he doesn't deal with fass

I just have to decide 95 or 165gph

Im leaning toward the 95

. Im thinking the 165 will be just wasting energy returning a lot of unnecessary fuel volume back into the tank probably just causing more air

Edited by GSP7

Glacier Diesel in washington might be good

Just want free shipping , no tax and no Idiots

:thumb1:

Edited by GSP7

Just remember the higher the volume of pump the better the pressure stability will be. In other words like most people figure to buy the smallest volume pump like 95 GPH pump but those people have more problems with wider swings of fuel pressure from cold fuel to hot fuel then with idle to WOT operation as well. Larger the plumbing and the larger the volume of pump will provide the best stability of pressure over all applications typically. I'm speaking of the Common Joe people not the racing and dyno queens those are way different setup.

17 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just remember the higher the volume of pump the better the pressure stability will be. In other words like most people figure to buy the smallest volume pump like 95 GPH pump but those people have more problems with wider swings of fuel pressure from cold fuel to hot fuel then with idle to WOT operation as well. Larger the plumbing and the larger the volume of pump will provide the best stability of pressure over all applications typically. I'm speaking of the Common Joe people not the racing and dyno queens those are way different setup.

Once again, this is a non-issue and just an opinion theory

I have a AD 165 on my truck. It is way overkill for what I need. Bought it for 2 reasons, one it came with a kit to eliminate the in tank pump and only cost a few dollars more than the 150 that at the time. That was my thought process at the time. Not sorry I bought bigger than I needed.

• Like 1

It would be great if they actually rated the pumps by what they flow at pressure through the filters. Most of you would cry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

It would be great if they actually rated the pumps by what they flow at pressure through the filters. Most of you would cry.

You probably right, but I watched some of fass videos before I got mine and they claimed that their 100 would outflow competitors 150, guessing they were talking about air dog, but then again what sales people wouldn't do for a sale.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

Do not believe any of the published videos for airdog or fass. They are nothing but propaganda. 

• Like 1

I see so much bs abounding everywhere that its a wonder how folks can develop any good judgement at all. Just go to big city... you'll see what I mean.

• Like 2

Trying to figure out what pressure my 95 would be with longer hose and more 90 degree turns...I hung mine on a fence to measure flow psi and gallon per min.  While I forget actual number...pump didn't come close to model number of 95.  I thought model number (95) represented gallon per min.  Not even close.  

The only 90s I see needed are two.... one on top of tank module and the other at the VP44.

The one at the VP should be a long sweep 90 degree bend like from Vulcan.

9 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

The only 90s I see needed are two.... one on top of tank module and the other at the VP44.

The one at the VP should be a long sweep 90 degree bend like from Vulcan.

Agree...as I'm set up now, only 90's are Airdog back to fuel module and into vp.

At the time I was experimenting installing a line to rear bumper area, some type of port with shut off valve so I could fill a 3 or 5 gallon gas can for someone needing some.  

45 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Trying to figure out what pressure my 95 would be with longer hose and more 90 degree turns...I hung mine on a fence to measure flow psi and gallon per min.  While I forget actual number...pump didn't come close to model number of 95.  I thought model number (95) represented gallon per min.  Not even close.  

Pressure shouldn't change it the flow that will, it in gph gallons per hour.

My bust...I meant gallon per hour not gallon per min.  Although when filling it up I feel like its gallon per min watching the dollars go around. :lol3:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Recheck but it should be GPH not GPM. I'm pretty sure its gallons per hour not minute. Our fire pumps are rated for gallons per minute and most pumps discharge on 1.5 or 2.5 inch lines.

Maybe I'm not reading it right......Are you sure you want that for a lift pump and big line kit?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Maybe I'm not reading it right......Are you sure you want that for a lift pump and big line kit?

I believe it qualifies.

lol... better drill more holes in the basket.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jlbayes said:

We don’t need your sound logic and judgement round here! *puts tin foil hat on*

To the OP. If I were to be redoing things again today, I’d get an Airdog through Eric at Vulcan just because Eric at Vulcan. I trust him personally to make things right if something were to ever go wrong more than either company combined. 

Edited by notlimah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, notlimah said:

I’d get an Airdog through Eric at Vulcan just because Eric at Vulcan. I trust him personally to make things right if something were to ever go wrong more than either company combined. 

Yes,,,,,,, Ive talked to Eric at Vulcan many times. He helps straightens out the Bull Sht you read on these forums and helps confirm what you want and need, or dont need, to upgrade your truck . He wont sell you stuff you dont need

Edited by GSP7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jlbayes said:

Sorry I'll go back to my corner. :kick:

Why can't the guys that know so much, at least once in awhile, pretend like they are learning from the guys in the corner?

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Why can't the guys that know so much, at least once in awhile, pretend like they are learning from the guys in the corner?

Because a chicken pecked me in the forehead. You gotta a problem with that, pecker head?

Ok Dave mellow out.:soap: I will be in Oregon if you need me.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yep I'm in Oregon all right, but the only peckers we got is wood type peckers. Dang things... why they try drilling the comp roof is beyond me. They seem to know when I get a new bb gun too and stay away.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1