• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Buy Fass Titanium from?

In the western US , Who is a good dealer to buy a Fass titanium from ?

Id get one from Eric at Vulcan but he doesn't deal with fass

I just have to decide 95 or 165gph

Im leaning toward the 95

. Im thinking the 165 will be just wasting energy returning a lot of unnecessary fuel volume back into the tank probably just causing more air

Edited by GSP7

• Owner

Just remember the higher the volume of pump the better the pressure stability will be. In other words like most people figure to buy the smallest volume pump like 95 GPH pump but those people have more problems with wider swings of fuel pressure from cold fuel to hot fuel then with idle to WOT operation as well. Larger the plumbing and the larger the volume of pump will provide the best stability of pressure over all applications typically. I'm speaking of the Common Joe people not the racing and dyno queens those are way different setup.

17 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just remember the higher the volume of pump the better the pressure stability will be. In other words like most people figure to buy the smallest volume pump like 95 GPH pump but those people have more problems with wider swings of fuel pressure from cold fuel to hot fuel then with idle to WOT operation as well. Larger the plumbing and the larger the volume of pump will provide the best stability of pressure over all applications typically. I'm speaking of the Common Joe people not the racing and dyno queens those are way different setup.

Once again, this is a non-issue and just an opinion theory

I have a AD 165 on my truck. It is way overkill for what I need. Bought it for 2 reasons, one it came with a kit to eliminate the in tank pump and only cost a few dollars more than the 150 that at the time. That was my thought process at the time. Not sorry I bought bigger than I needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

It would be great if they actually rated the pumps by what they flow at pressure through the filters. Most of you would cry.

You probably right, but I watched some of fass videos before I got mine and they claimed that their 100 would outflow competitors 150, guessing they were talking about air dog, but then again what sales people wouldn't do for a sale.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

Trying to figure out what pressure my 95 would be with longer hose and more 90 degree turns...I hung mine on a fence to measure flow psi and gallon per min.  While I forget actual number...pump didn't come close to model number of 95.  I thought model number (95) represented gallon per min.  Not even close.  

9 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

The only 90s I see needed are two.... one on top of tank module and the other at the VP44.

The one at the VP should be a long sweep 90 degree bend like from Vulcan.

Agree...as I'm set up now, only 90's are Airdog back to fuel module and into vp.

At the time I was experimenting installing a line to rear bumper area, some type of port with shut off valve so I could fill a 3 or 5 gallon gas can for someone needing some.  

45 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Trying to figure out what pressure my 95 would be with longer hose and more 90 degree turns...I hung mine on a fence to measure flow psi and gallon per min.  While I forget actual number...pump didn't come close to model number of 95.  I thought model number (95) represented gallon per min.  Not even close.  

Pressure shouldn't change it the flow that will, it in gph gallons per hour.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Recheck but it should be GPH not GPM. I'm pretty sure its gallons per hour not minute. Our fire pumps are rated for gallons per minute and most pumps discharge on 1.5 or 2.5 inch lines.

Maybe I'm not reading it right......Are you sure you want that for a lift pump and big line kit?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jlbayes said:

It would be great if they actually rated the pumps by what they flow at pressure through the filters. Most of you would cry.

We don’t need your sound logic and judgement round here! *puts tin foil hat on*

To the OP. If I were to be redoing things again today, I’d get an Airdog through Eric at Vulcan just because Eric at Vulcan. I trust him personally to make things right if something were to ever go wrong more than either company combined. 

Edited by notlimah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3