• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

• Owner
On 4/27/2018 at 10:40 PM, Dieselfuture said:

Here is what I did today, kicked my fenders to let them breathe a little. 

20180427_084636.jpg.f14ec8a7eccb1312ff757172bdf4c933.jpg

I should post an add on Craigslist, dodge fenders for sale, vintage.

20180427_085451.jpg.c13d660868e0ad088c14f2b26dfccecb.jpg

I'll reply with a picture. If you are growing a garden on your vehicle you need to go buy a 3,000 PSI power washer and get the mud and salt off your vehicle. 

mud.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Ok guys I had a tire that kept going low so I sprayed it with soapy water Nd found out the rim had a crack in it! I found this set of 07 Dodge OEM wheels and tires with 20% tread for 300$ on local Craigslist. I love the looks of these! Sorry the truck is dirty so not a great picture. Now @Mopar1973Man these are 265/70/17 tires. They look great and are lighter than the old setup! 

3CE60E31-554B-49A0-B112-8CAFEE402A21.jpeg

Edited by Marcus2000monster
  • Like 1

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Now @Mopar1973Man these are 265/70/17 tires. They look great and are lighter than the old setup! 

This is why I went to the steel wheels. I lost my factory 16's to the same issue. Then got a set of aftermarket wheels but the offset was wrong and slung road dirt and salt on the side windows all the time creating a safety issue of visibility. When a friend had a set of 2nd Gen wheels 16x7 that was perfect for my 235's. I might have lost some advantage with the steel wheels but the aluminum issue of cracking is way more common than you think. 

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

This is why I went to the steel wheels. I lost my factory 16's to the same issue. Then got a set of aftermarket wheels but the offset was wrong and slung road dirt and salt on the side windows all the time creating a safety issue of visibility. When a friend had a set of 2nd Gen wheels 16x7 that was perfect for my 235's. I might have lost some advantage with the steel wheels but the aluminum issue of cracking is way more common than you think. 

I had never heard of a rim cracking. Apparently it’s from towing and possibly striking a curb. I’m very happy with the 3rd gens so far. Haven’t been in the mud yet but we’ll see how that goes.

• Owner

https://www.google.com/search?q=cracked+dodge+aluminum+wheels

https://repairpal.com/recall/03V212000

Recall Details
The aluminum wheels equipped on some trucks may crack, causing wheel failure. Dealers will inspect the wheels and replace them as necessary free of charge to resolve the concern.

Our Quick Take
The aluminum wheels can crack and fail, causing loss of vehicle control.

What Should You Do?
Dodge notified owners of affected vehicles starting in June 2003. You can check with your dealer to see if your vehicle is involved in this program. It is helpful to have your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on hand when you contact them. The Dodge recall number is C21.

Affected Cars
2003 Dodge Ram 2500
2003 Dodge Ram 3500

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I had never heard of a rim cracking. Apparently it’s from towing and possibly striking a curb. I’m very happy with the 3rd gens so far. Haven’t been in the mud yet but we’ll see how that goes.

Those are SWEET Marcus!

That's on my furture to do list. 

I had a rim crack on my old truck. 

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'll reply with a picture. If you are growing a garden on your vehicle you need to go buy a 3,000 PSI power washer and get the mud and salt off your vehicle. 

mud.jpg

Wish I would have owned my truck from brand new, it would never happen. But unfortunately I bought it used and that's the result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Wish I would have owned my truck from brand new, it would never happen. But unfortunately I bought it used and that's the result.

Youre not alone in the rust struggle. 

Trust me.  We stick together 

• Like 1