• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

Just now, trreed said:

Something to consider is the more blades the wheel has, the lower the efficiency will be at higher boost levels.  

Makes sense, but this isn't a high hp build I just want a bit more spool and better mileage. I may have a dually but I don't use those 3.53s to pull anything. She spent 14yrs pulling horse trailers everywhere and in pastures and crap, she deserves a break!

36 minutes ago, Cronus577 said:

Hooray for getting southern trucks! My 1999 is completely rust free, was a Texas truck its whole life but man the dash was in bad condition when I picked it up. That sun beats them to hell. 

I'll trade my wire brush, compressed air, corroded brake lines, and 24 cans of rusteoleum flat black any day for a hashed out dash. 

29 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm fighting to keep the rust at bay. So far I'm holding my own.

You need to hush. You posted an under carriage picture a little bit ago that made me go "Dammit Bill." You have nothing. Trust me on that!

I was embarrassed to post the before picture due to the rust. Although the guys at the shop said it's not bad compared to what is brought in. 

The old owner came in whom I have not seen in a while came in the other day. He said "Another white one, like your first. Looks great."

I replied "Yeah from 5 feet away." 

He said "I cant put my fist through the fender so you did well."

I think that made me feel better. 

Edited by Ben
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'll trade my wire brush, compressed air, corroded brake lines, and 24 cans of rusteoleum flat black any day for a hashed out dash. 

You need to hush. You posted an under carriage picture a little bit ago that made me go "Dammit Bill." You have nothing. Trust me on that!

I was embarrassed to post the before picture due to the rust. Although the guys at the shop said it's not bad compared to what is brought in. 

The old owner came in whom I have not seen in a while came in the other day. He said "Another white one, like your first. Looks great."

I replied "Yeah from 5 feet away." 

He said "I cant put my fist through the fender so you did well."

I think that made me feel better. 

Don't feel bad, I can put a fist in both of my cab corners

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Here is what I did today, kicked my fenders to let them breathe a little. 

20180427_084636.jpg.f14ec8a7eccb1312ff757172bdf4c933.jpg

I should post an add on Craigslist, dodge fenders for sale, vintage.

20180427_085451.jpg.c13d660868e0ad088c14f2b26dfccecb.jpg

Isn’t that called pantina now?

truck is as done as done gets for now. 

Dog and I head to KY next week to see my parents.  Got tonneau cover and bed mat installed today.

F0A41FE1-6809-4395-91E7-EBF8525BE307.jpeg.ae93c8fe7a381ba1b0436b94f13b456e.jpeg

86BB3BE6-2D49-4318-BEE2-F46194AB91FD.jpeg.e916d2484c3972f363aeeead9637cbff.jpeg 

3 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Bottoms of my door panels are starting. 

Where we go One we go all Marcus. 

Major body work/cut out and replace is going to be a yearly winter project for me. 

Edited by Ben
  • Like 3

I’ve had the roof and hood painted since my earlier posting of a photo.  The rest of the body has just has a few paint chips,  but the clear coat is still good. 

As usual, no good deed goes unpunished.  While the truck was in the shop, I received a phone call saying, “Hey, we went to move your truck this morning and there is no power steering or power brakes”.  Well, that was great news.  So, after the truck was painted I picked it up with my flatbed trailer.  At least it was towed by another Dodge Cummins.  I replaced the power steering pump the next day  and now the truck is back to work again

- John

Dodge vs Dodge 3.jpg

Dodge vs Dodge.jpg

4-23-2018 Excavating for Foundation (3).JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tractorman said:

I’ve had the roof and hood painted since my earlier posting of a photo.  The rest of the body has just has a few paint chips,  but the clear coat is still good. 

As usual, no good deed goes unpunished.  While the truck was in the shop, I received a phone call saying, “Hey, we went to move your truck this morning and there is no power steering or power brakes”.  Well, that was great news.  So, after the truck was painted I picked it up with my flatbed trailer.  At least it was towed by another Dodge Cummins.  I replaced the power steering pump the next day  and now the truck is back to work again

- John

Dodge vs Dodge 3.jpg

Dodge vs Dodge.jpg

4-23-2018 Excavating for Foundation (3).JPG

I have never seen that color gray 2nd gen before.  I love it!!!

• Like 1

• Owner
7 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

the bed on mine is starting to rust at the wheel wells outer lip.  eventually ill flatbed it and have a slide in camper on it.

luckily the cab is still good.

Sound like someone needs to wash their truck more. I don't mean the paint. I mean get under the bed skirts and get the standing mud out of there. Any where that mud can collect and hold moisture / salt is bad deal. Even in the dead of winter I was out there with my power washer and rinsing tons of salt off and get the mud out of fender tops. Sloppy cold job but its well worth it when you still have rust free truck in salt country.

• Like 1