• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

I was looking at leveling kits, but most of them are 2.5" - 3.5" which is more than I wanted.  I don't want the truck completely level so it squats with a load.  I finally found a 1.5" level kit that even replaces the shock tower so you don't have to worry about over extending them.  I'm still on the fence about doing it at all, but at least I know there is one that suits my needs should I go through with it.  I found it a bit funny that they advertise the kit for trucks with sagging rear springs that don't need as much height to level the front. 

I'm taking my plow prep coil springs out and putting my stock ones back in this weekend. Front end looks stupid with a 2" lift and 265 tires and truck rides like a brick. No extra money for that ranch hand front bumper I was planning on getting. I downsized from 285 to 265s.  

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Got her scheduled for a full detail on the 31st! 

So you are going to park your truck? :lmao:

Detail my truck would be a huge waste of money. It takes me less than 13 hours to look like a work truck all over again. I go through and clean my truck up... Vacuum, wash, wax and clean all the glass... One trip down to Ontario, OR and back it looks like I've never done a darn thing. 

Carpet wise I'll give you a secret. I've done this on the 1996 Dodge. I pull the seats out and some of the trim up. Then removed the carpet and hung it over the railing. Now take a 30* or 40* power wash nozzle and crank up the power washer. All the crude washes out of the carpet and being the carpet is rubber back you can inspect the floor under the carpet. Now the carpet will dry in a few hours and look factory new all over again. Just install. 

As for dash the easiest way is to pull the dash bezel on the driver side and wash the plastic with a garden hose and soap. Now the passenger side if you are careful you can pry the vents from the dash and wash those and clean the vent holes good. Before installing again you might lube the plastics louvers.

Headliner I've found a way with simple green, shop vacuum, and a silicone dog hair brush. Basically shot any spots with a spray mixture of simple green and water. now using the shop vacuum to draw the water back out. DO NOT rub the vacuum on the headliner. Just place and draw the cleaner and dirt back out. DO NOT leave simple green mixture too long the headliner is like a cardboard behind it. When done and your spots are dry now using the silicone brush and lightly comb the nap on the headliner to make it look nice again.

So the rest you just wash down with soap, water, and a rag. Not hard...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 04Mach1 said:

MVIMG_20171124_170956.jpg

Beautiful truck! Sometimes I wish I still had original wheels on my truck for that good looking stock appearance. 

On 5/19/2018 at 2:08 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Relocated to my other house...

20180519_140514.jpg20180519_140459_HDR.jpg

My portable office... Ill Keep the website rolling.

20180519_141017.jpg

What ya for hanging off your hot hnim the first pic? :lmao:

On 5/22/2018 at 1:37 PM, rotohead said:

Going fly fishing Green River, UT spring 2008

RamRedSheepCk.JPG

I'm noisy ... how much clearance between tailgate with it down and Jack on trailer?  Any clearance issues?

Edited by 015point9
Screw up

On 5/20/2018 at 8:04 AM, Marcus2000monster said:

Got her scheduled for a full detail on the 31st! 

image.jpg

I plan on getting an exterior detail here shortly as well, just as soon as I get my mustang up and running for the summer.  Between the dang birds and a car wash brush that didn't foam as well as it should have, I need a good cut and buff.  If the guy does a good job, my wife will have him do a full detail on her jeep as she wants to put it in the local car show this summer along with my mustang. 

12 hours ago, 015point9 said:

I'm noisy ... how much clearance between tailgate with it down and Jack on trailer?  Any clearance issues?

Took the pic with the truck offset slightly to the left. When both are straight the tailgate has about 2". 

13 hours ago, Ben said:

That's a really cool picture with all of the contrasting colors between the landscape, sky and truck/camper!

That area of Utah near the WY border is full of places just like that. A wonderful place to hang out and enjoy the scenery. 

11 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

I plan on getting an exterior detail here shortly as well, just as soon as I get my mustang up and running for the summer.  Between the dang birds and a car wash brush that didn't foam as well as it should have, I need a good cut and buff.  If the guy does a good job, my wife will have him do a full detail on her jeep as she wants to put it in the local car show this summer along with my mustang. 

I’m thinking of selling the old girl! She’s a beast but I don’t have any reason to own a diesel truck.

Yeah I don't need mine either.  I currently have three vehicles.  Each serves a purpose.  The pickup doesn't really tow these days, nor do I use the bed, but I choose to keep it around cause its a toy at this point.  Nor could I give it up.

• Like 2

here i have 3 of them, kinda like a hobby to me now. still my favorite is the 04, i just LOVe this truck. my 08 is a towing monster!! the 95 is, well a 95 12V, runs strong, drives nice, but it's still a 95. with over 300K on it. it'll likely become the wood cutting truck. 

i sure don't NEED 3 cummins trucks, but i'm lucky enough to be able to afford them. so i do. 

if i had to choose, i'd have to be the 04. 250K and yeah, i love that truck. 

• Like 1