• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

2 minutes ago, NormaNator08 said:

New wheels, tires, shocks, and leveling kit... officially sleeping on the couch!

Tow mirrors, cab lights, bed cover coming... :sofa:

leveled.jpg

leveled2.jpg

I take it that means you will be sleeping behind the couch with the next acquisition or maybe in the yard??? the truck looks mighty good,  

I do have one off topic question, where are all the long bed trucks? I have been looking for a while now and all I find are short beds. Maybe one out 30 or more are long beds.  

26 minutes ago, dripley said:

I take it that means you will be sleeping behind the couch with the next acquisition or maybe in the yard??? the truck looks mighty good,  

I do have one off topic question, where are all the long bed trucks? I have been looking for a while now and all I find are short beds. Maybe one out 30 or more are long beds. 

Correct!! Yard is more likely at this point. My buddy just bought an 01 white long bed. Looks good.

2001 3500 4x4 5.9 cummins , ranch hand "deerslayer" front bumper , k&n air intake , banks big hoss system with tuner, stainless 6" stacks   , fass fuel system, oversize radiator, 2" wheel spacers between rear duels, auto trans with oversize torque convertor and aftermarket cooling trannie pan and rear pumpkin cover. Lucas Synthetic throughout since 85,600 ,has 290,761 as of 07/16/2018 used as welding rig truck everyday!  

20180202_103415.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Bushwacker said:

2001 3500 4x4 5.9 cummins , ranch hand "deerslayer" front bumper , k&n air intake , banks big hoss system with tuner, stainless 6" stacks   , fass fuel system, oversize radiator, 2" wheel spacers between rear duels, auto trans with oversize torque convertor and aftermarket cooling trannie pan and rear pumpkin cover. Lucas Synthetic throughout since 85,600 ,has 290,761 as of 07/16/2018 used as welding rig truck everyday!  

20180202_103415.jpeg

I recommend gettin rid of that K&N those are known to foul up these trucks. Go with a BHAF filter. @Mopar1973Man can tell you more about that. 

• Owner
18 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I recommend gettin rid of that K&N those are known to foul up these trucks. Go with a BHAF filter. @Mopar1973Man can tell you more about that. 

Dump it in my lap... :duh:

I don't suggest any kind of washable filters period. Bad, Bad, Bad idea... Every time you wash the filter you breaking down the media. I've seen several brand new filters K&N, Afe, S&B, etc. I've had a few vendors send me new filters to try. 100% were box up and sent back. Every single one had holes in the media that was big enough for dust to pass right through. 

With K&N filter... All the oil is pulled out of the filter and the dust now coats the turbo compressor wheel.

kn-filter2.jpg.bf97d43d970f263dc394a2a7e

With BHAF. No oil and no dust.

clean-turbo.jpg.db5731328fc9c9c169555fff

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Dump it in my lap... :duh:

I don't suggest any kind of washable filters period. Bad, Bad, Bad idea... Every time you wash the filter you breaking down the media. I've seen several brand new filters K&N, Afe, S&B, etc. I've had a few vendors send me new filters to try. 100% were box up and sent back. Every single one had holes in the media that was big enough for dust to pass right through. 

With K&N filter... All the oil is pulled out of the filter and the dust now coats the turbo compressor wheel.

kn-filter2.jpg.bf97d43d970f263dc394a2a7e

With BHAF. No oil and no dust.

clean-turbo.jpg.db5731328fc9c9c169555fff

Thanks Mike for covering that for me! 

• 1 month later...