• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

thinking about a 12V 95 QCLB

SO i found a 12valve long box 5 speed 4x4. 

it's not in horrible shape. but it also has 306K on it. trans looks new. P pump is new, new injectors. 

could use some control arm bushing, steering will move from 10-2 and still go in a straight line. no major oil leaks. no blow by that i could tell. shifted amazing compared to my G56. has no rust, rear air bags. AC works. forgot to check heat as it was only 88 outside. 

this is a joy ride truck, toy. wood cutting truck. he's asking 8K i offered 5 and he said no. so... how much would someone say it's worth. ball park. 

it''s my second unicorn truck, 12V 5 speed long box 4x4. 

thoughts.

well here are a few. the spot on the passenger side was a small crack., well a 5GPM 4500 psi pressure washer and unatentative operator made a mess of that. 

bumper is a little crooked, all doors open n close very nicely. AC works. needs new bushing on the BD track bar, 

has lots of reciepts, has 3000K springs? has #8 fuel plate? not sure what much of that is, but he was all excited to tell me about it. runs and drives nice aside form the loose track bar bushing. never saw any smoke. oil was a little low, but it's also a new dip stick. so i'm a little scared to add any till i do an oil change and get a blase line on the dipstick. 

seats are in great shape. engine bay was dirty but not recently cleaned either. 

only rust i'v found is under the floor mat on drivers side. so it'll all gonna come apart here shortly and be fixed. nothing through the metal, but needs attention for sure. i'm OCD. so it'll be right when i'm done. 

undecided on the camper for now.. idk if i like it or not... 

has rear air bags, that i'm unable to find the chuck to air up.... checked license plate bolts, inside the fuel door, so the search continues.  

cruze doesn't work. so that's another thing i need to fix. the parking brake peddle is MIA, so i'll order on of those soon. 

has transforce AT on the front and transforce HT on the rear. look to be brand new. have paperwork, but its to old and unreadable. 

engine.jpg

IMG_8257.JPG

IMG_8258.JPG

IMG_8259.JPG

IMG_8261.JPG

IMG_8262.JPG

IMG_8266.jpg

IMG_8267.jpg

IMG_8268.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/22/2018 at 5:55 PM, Killer223 said:

has 3000K springs? has #8 fuel plate?

The 3000K springs mean it has 3000 RPM governor springs in the pump.  The #8 fuel plate controls fueling, and has a more aggressive fueling curve than stock.

allplateprofiles-1.jpg

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for that info. 

now to figure out the head lights.

On low i have the left (passenger) headlight, on High i get High beam on the right (driver) and no change on the left. 

took the bulbs out and they are LED's. i can't swap them to normal bulbs because i cant figure out how to get the gray retaining nut chingaderro off the LED bulb and onto the normal one. and i'm unable to locate said part. 

truck pulls to the right, as i've read all second gen's do. 

That’s because the non-CAD 02 trucks were made correctly. A lot of the CAD axles were made short on the passenger side, and pulled to the right when braking. The fix was a 1/4” spacer on the passenger hub. No joke. 

Edited by trreed

47 minutes ago, trreed said:

That’s because the non-CAD 02 trucks were made correctly. A lot of the CAD axles were made short on the passenger side, and pulled to the right when braking. The fix was a 1/4” spacer on the passenger hub. No joke. 

Well I must have the spacer because I have the CAD and no pull. Just never heard that discussed before. Live and learn.

i'm thinking mine it a brake dragging. had the tires balanced (over 2 oz off on each one) and rotated at Discount. while they were off i took a glance at the brakes. the one side looked to be less pad than the other. so i'll get some nonexistent free time and grease them up.  

• Owner
On 4/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, Killer223 said:

Thank you for that info. 

now to figure out the head lights.

On low i have the left (passenger) headlight, on High i get High beam on the right (driver) and no change on the left. 

took the bulbs out and they are LED's. i can't swap them to normal bulbs because i cant figure out how to get the gray retaining nut chingaderro off the LED bulb and onto the normal one. and i'm unable to locate said part. 

truck pulls to the right, as i've read all second gen's do. 

The headlight nut/clip you remove the wiring first then spin the nut/clip to release. Now pull the bulb out and separate.

As for headlight wiring that should be a normal headlight circuit.

Headlight wiring map 1994 Dodge Ram

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Thank you Mike. ended up PO put LED's of the 9007 plug, these trucks take the 9004. pin out is different. so i got the retaining nut off the LED's was not fun. the new Walmart special 9004 are installed and work as desired. 

So i have some nice LED's that might end up in the 04. but i'm not sure if they are ok not being in projectors. 

now to fix some oil leaks... HAHAHA a 12 valve cummins without oil leaks. 

yeah i pressure washed everything. 

so it look as as thought the front crank seal. timing cover seal.

power steering looks to be newish, along with the vacuum pump. here i thought all diesels had hydro boost brakes. not this one, strange.

needs batteries, these are date coded 11-08, still starts but cranks kinda slow. 

trans oil, t-case oil, dif oil all look clean and i'd say fresh. no leaks on those boxes. 

AC cycles a little often. so could be little low on juice. 

it's a good running little truck. i love the way it shifts! so much better than my G56, more power than my 04 in stock forum, so that's kinda cool, but no EGT gauge. it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes bounces all over. i'll send it to autometer for a fix. 

i'ma get some biocide for the tank. and fuel system flush. a few filters, think it might need a new fuel pump. i can hear and feel the fuel line clicking with pressure kinda like water hammering when truck is running. not sure that's normal for a 12V or not. 

i've read with the upgrades this has it should belch some smoke if driven ambitiously, this one does not. not even low boost. i only have youtube videos and reading to go by on that though...

Got the new control arms in today. was going to try and replace the bushings, but i've yet to be successful at removing the old bushing and not killing the control arm. so new ones were ordered. 

Found some rust on the driver floor board. :(:shrug::cry::2cents:, so i'll grind off what comes off, and if the whole floor comes off i'll weld in new floor. else i'll get some POR15, it's a urethane pant and seals the metal. it's only about 2" wide and about 6-7" long. 

all the rockers, fenders, everywhere i look is rust free. aside form rear bumper, so i'm not sure what that's all about. 

it's snowing here right now. else i'd be working on it. 

• Owner
On 5/2/2018 at 6:24 PM, Killer223 said:

still starts but cranks kinda slow.

Need to do either contact kit or brush kit in the starter.

AC cycles a little often. so could be little low on juice. 

Properly charged A/C shouldn't cycle on a hot day.

i can hear and feel the fuel line clicking with pressure kinda like water hammering when truck is running. not sure that's normal for a 12V or not. 

As for the 12V lift pump. 

http://www.torkteknology.com/technical-article-1-cummins-lift-pump/