• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3rd or 4th Gen upgraded steering linkage? SAFETY RECALL (page two))

In my personal experience I had a bone stock setup on there and it all needed to be replaced so i went with the factory assembly that fits the 2010s. You may or may not have to find the nyloc nuts to put the tie rods on i cant remember anymore its been about 2 years since i did it. The factory one is nice because it comes completely assembled you literally just have to bolt it up. I did a good ole driveway alignment measurement of the tires and made sure they were the same when i got the new parts in. No reaming. No pitman arm issues. I was on 37s at the time Im now on 35s. Truck is lifted but im not sure what size Im thinking its a 6" lift that the previous owner put on and pitman arm is fine with the upgraded factory steering. The only issue I had with the install is that the steering stabilizer didnt quite match up correctly and i just made it work as best as i could at the time.

Now 2 years later I still have not had it aligned at all and until recently when i really messed up my track bar it steered perfectly straight. Tires dont wear funny at all. Tie rods still holding up fine. Not worn out and even after some pretty severe offroading they are doing great. I'd have to estimate that ive got about 25k miles on them now and problem free.

Im happy with it though. Steers nice. Doesnt track funny coming to stops or when hitting bumps in the road and i havent noticed that cupping in the tires that you see on wrangler or some trucks which is good.

Edited by 2000Ram2500
LIFTED

• 1 month later...

Just got the new steering assembly. The new ones that have been recalled have a green dot on the end of the box. They pinned them together to fix the problem. Its was pretty much a bolt on assembly. I had to trim the tie rod end at the pitman arm. Steering damper bolted right great swap.