• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Currently my truck is pretty doggy on just the sticks. My thinking is that it’s just the way a SO responds to injectors.

What injectors are you running? I dont see them in your sig.

2 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Stop beating around the bush and get the quad, I think you'll be amazed at what it can do with your hx35 and 75hp injectors. 

Ha the beating around the bush is me scrounging for cash! :spank: When you haven’t got a pay check in 2 months life sucks! Haha. I’ll be getting one soon I hope!

1 minute ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Ha the beating around the bush is me scrounging for cash! :spank: When you haven’t got a pay check in 2 months life sucks! Haha. I’ll be getting one soon I hope!

What do you and your boss do for a living

2 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Today I’m starting up again with my old boss in Construction. I was working with my Dad in the church furniture Industry. We got extremely slow. 

I've done a lot of construction in my life and it's good money but eventually your body will start to break down, as much as I didn't care for school I had no choice but to take some classes for my current job and once I got that piece of paper, all of a sudden I became more important  with much better pay. Even though same guy working with same people and really without much more knowledge then before the school. But that piece of paper apparently means a lot these days. Not saying you have to go to school just to go to school I never believed in that, but when you get a job and just by having a piece of paper you could double your salary then it's definitely worth it. :2cents:

11 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I've done a lot of construction in my life and it's good money but eventually your body will start to break down, as much as I didn't care for school I had no choice but to take some classes for my current job and once I got that piece of paper, all of a sudden I became more important  with much better pay. Even though same guy working with same people and really without much more knowledge then before the school. But that piece of paper apparently means a lot these days. Not saying you have to go to school just to go to school I never believed in that, but when you get a job and just by having a piece of paper you could double your salary then it's definitely worth it. :2cents:

Currently working on my GED

• Owner

Don't believe it. Ive got a college degree in Electronics and Computer Science from ITT Tech. Cost me over $50,000 and today that piece of paper isn't worth a penny. Everything I studied and went to school for no longer exist. Transistor radios, Analog TV's and IBM computer with 8088 processor. 1980s stuff... Lol...

That's why they have continuing education classes, but what I meant with my comment is, don't just go to school to go to school to get a degree. Let your employer pay for it when you get a decent job if you like it. Not arguing just what happened to me. 

11 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Currently working on my GED

Good for you!  After you get it, keep going (very important) with something you like and is marketable and in demand.

I keep a copy of my GED in front of my stock work book,  just to remind me that there are some very smart people out there that have studied how to separate you from your money. 

I retired at age 58 everything is paid for and no money worries.   Marines wouldn't let me re-enlist without GED.  Then I past the GED after 3rd try. But I still got out of the Marines and started driving truck.  Then after couple of years realized what benefits I was walking away from.  Re-joined military, this time Air Force Reserves retired from them and truck driver.  Always spent under what I was bring home.  Never took a vacation till I was married 10 years. (bla, bla, bla)

Anyway don't let anybody tell you what you can't do.  This whole country about fell apart with all these "smart" people on Wall street and in DC making decisions.  

(Edit part)

Should probably add that I hated the work I did.  Finding a profession you enjoy is worth a lot also.  If you can combine them even better for you.  I wasn't stupid in school, just that money was in very short supply.  So if I needed money I had to hit the streets with bucket and window squeegee  or lawn mower.  Unlike today hitting the streets with a homeless sign.

Edited by 015point9
Add info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is interesting to see the different cuts of clothe we all come from here. Me, I graduated high school and was glad to get it behind me. Not faulting anyone who did not all. It is not always what you do but what you do about it. So @Marcus2000monsterget that GED and be proud of it. My little brother did it the same as you are. Now he owns his own very small construction business and has been successful. Me, I got my first carpenters job on a 2 man framing crew. I learned more in that first year than most do in 5. When there ain't but 2 of ya, you got to learn fast. 

I got from there to construction super in 11 years. Not because of a piece of paper but because i was willing to learn and above all take on more responsibility. Taking resposibilty is the key, own the successes and the failures and learn from both. The VP of my company

introduced me to 2 new supers a few months back as the super who has probably made every mistake you can building a CFA. I looked at him real puzzled and then realized he was right. Just a part of life. Now I don't mean to take away from the sheep skin and what @Dieselfuture speaks of or what @Mopar1973Man has experienced. Just that there is more than one way to skin that cat.

Got a little long winded there but heres to what brings all of us together, Cummins in a Dodge truck. 2 gens for most but let's not forget the rest.

:thumbup2: Peace my brothers, and I mean all of you, mentioned or not. And may our trucks run forever.:cheers:

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dripley said:

Not because of a piece of paper but because i was willing to learn and above all take on more responsibility.

Yes that is definitely the key, all of the things I've done prior to this job are now paying off. I'm the only one that is trying to keep things clean including bathroom, tools after i get done using them, job site bla bla bla. I had a lot of experience in fixing things like cars, trucks, small engines, furnaces, washers, dryers, I mean everything. I was never scared to tear something apart. I can go on for a while on things I've done just like a lot of us here, but the key is not to be lazy, and also have a balance between hard work and eating some sort of lunch and a bit of rest. I skipped a lot of that and over worked myself, that's why my body has been falling apart. So now I'm a bit smarter about it. 

Ahh I'm getting side tracked again, point I'm trying to make is because I wasn't scared of hard work I got moved up and then was asked to take a superintendent position that required school, as much as I didn't want to go back I did and it's paying off now. Wife thinks I should go get an engineering degree but man when am I going to start leaving a life, it's never enough for some. It's not how much you make its how you spend it, to a point. You know you can go broke buying deals right...

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, 015point9 said:

Good for you!  After you get it, keep going (very important) with something you like and is marketable and in demand.

I keep a copy of my GED in front of my stock work book,  just to remind me that there are some very smart people out there that have studied how to separate you from your money. 

I retired at age 58 everything is paid for and no money worries.   Marines wouldn't let me re-enlist without GED.  Then I past the GED after 3rd try. But I still got out of the Marines and started driving truck.  Then after couple of years realized what benefits I was walking away from.  Re-joined military, this time Air Force Reserves retired from them and truck driver.  Always spent under what I was bring home.  Never took a vacation till I was married 10 years. (bla, bla, bla)

Anyway don't let anybody tell you what you can't do.  This whole country about fell apart with all these "smart" people on Wall street and in DC making decisions.  

(Edit part)

Should probably add that I hated the work I did.  Finding a profession you enjoy is worth a lot also.  If you can combine them even better for you.  I wasn't stupid in school, just that money was in very short supply.  So if I needed money I had to hit the streets with bucket and window squeegee  or lawn mower.  Unlike today hitting the streets with a homeless sign.

2 hours ago, dripley said:

It is interesting to see the different cuts of clothe we all come from here. Me, I graduated high school and was glad to get it behind me. Not faulting anyone who did not all. It is not always what you do but what you do about it. So @Marcus2000monsterget that GED and be proud of it. My little brother did it the same as you are. Now he owns his own very small construction business and has been successful. Me, I got my first carpenters job on a 2 man framing crew. I learned more in that first year than most do in 5. When there ain't but 2 of ya, you got to learn fast. 

I got from there to construction super in 11 years. Not because of a piece of paper but because i was willing to learn and above all take on more responsibility. Taking resposibilty is the key, own the successes and the failures and learn from both. The VP of my company

introduced me to 2 new supers a few months back as the super who has probably made every mistake you can building a CFA. I looked at him real puzzled and then realized he was right. Just a part of life. Now I don't mean to take away from the sheep skin and what @Dieselfuture speaks of or what @Mopar1973Man has experienced. Just that there is more than one way to skin that cat.

Got a little long winded there but heres to what brings all of us together, Cummins in a Dodge truck. 2 gens for most but let's not forget the rest.

:thumbup2: Peace my brothers, and I mean all of you, mentioned or not. And may our trucks run forever.:cheers:

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yes that is definitely the key, all of the things I've done prior to this job are now paying off. I'm the only one that is trying to keep things clean including bathroom, tools after i get done using them, job site bla bla bla. I had a lot of experience in fixing things like cars, trucks, small engines, furnaces, washers, dryers, I mean everything. I was never scared to tear something apart. I can go on for a while on things I've done just like a lot of us here, but the key is not to be lazy, and also have a balance between hard work and eating some sort of lunch and a bit of rest. I skipped a lot of that and over worked myself, that's why my body has been falling apart. So now I'm a bit smarter about it. 

Ahh I'm getting side tracked again, point I'm trying to make is because I wasn't scared of hard work I got moved up and then was asked to take a superintendent position that required school, as much as I didn't want to go back I did and it's paying off now. Wife thinks I should go get an engineering degree but man when am I going to start leaving a life, it's never enough for some. It's not how much you make its how you spend it, to a point. You know you can go broke buying deals right...

Thanks guys for the great advice! Much appreciated! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Imo the hardest job is getting one.  After getting one you'll  probably exposed to other places that are looking for help.  One thing leads to another.  You're going in right direction imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1