• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Track bar bushing

I have developed some wonder in my steering, so I was checking all the joints underneath, I have Luke’s links all the way around and they all seem to be tight and I noticed the track bar bushing has a lot of slop, I am sure I replaced that bushing ( it’s a rubber one) when I did the joints about 6 ago but maybe I should go with a poly one this time? Any one got any recommendations on them. I see a wide price range on them from about 17 dollars on amazon to about 50 dollars from the high end manufactures 

1 hour ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I have developed some wonder in my steering, so I was checking all the joints underneath, I have Luke’s links all the way around and they all seem to be tight and I noticed the track bar bushing has a lot of slop, I am sure I replaced that bushing ( it’s a rubber one) when I did the joints about 6 ago but maybe I should go with a poly one this time? Any one got any recommendations on them. I see a wide price range on them from about 17 dollars on amazon to about 50 dollars from the high end manufactures 

When I did the Luke’s link I also did their bushing.  

I did did the same on

my old truck too.  

3 hours ago, Killer223 said:

next time i need bushing ima order the stuff and make my own urethane ones. 

i've watched a few videos on in, DeBoss garage did a nice one on it. i'll try that next. 

I like DeBoss, he makes great videos. Could always upgrade to an adjustable track bar and call it good.

9 hours ago, notlimah said:

I like DeBoss, he makes great videos. Could always upgrade to an adjustable track bar and call it good.

Ya, I agree. a lot of stress on the track bar, the stress has to go somewhere, for now. I think I will put a poly bushing in. I’m sure the Luke’s link will go out of adjustment next, but maybe in the future upgrade to an adjustable 

• Owner

I really can't comment on track bars much being I don't have all the issues you boys are having. 342k on the clock. Still only on my 3rd trackbar. This current one I'm not going to put much hope in. I was low on cash couldn't afford the NAPA track bar like last time so I bought an Autozone track bar for much less. No zerk on the ball end to grease it.