• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dodge Ram Steering/Suspension Components

My god you guys are so lucky to live where you don't have to undercoat. What a pleasure it would be to work underneath something like that and not come out from it looking like a greaseball from head to toe. I should've taken a picture of myself before I got cleaned up after working at mine all day. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

My god you guys are so lucky to live where you don't have to undercoat. What a pleasure it would be to work underneath something like that and not come out from it looking like a greaseball from head to toe. I should've taken a picture of myself before I got cleaned up after working at mine all day. :rolleyes:

Well I did powerwash it before touching it :lol: It doesn't stay *that* clean haha.

These pics are of AH64ID's 2005 3500 4wd, so now I finally have components for both 2wd and 4wd. I couldn't have done any of this without AH64ID helping me, so thanks again for the help! :thumbup2:Think I will have to make new threads for any other components so I will change this threads title..

post-45-138698166308_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698166316_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698166322_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698166328_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I installed 5 Luke's Links on my front end, tightened it up nice. More pleasure while tooling down 195 in Mass. among other hiways. They are adjustable, you can add spacer washers every so often to tighten them up a bit. I'd like to add a Borgeson steering box and steer shaft soon.Nice write up for all us newbies. Paul

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting these photos! I am trying to plan my next project which is the front end... I have been doing a little bit of research and there seem to be some options but I am not leaning in any one particular direction. The steering has always been loose, but we have had a noise under the passenger side floor board now that is becoming quite noticeable. My husband had the hub/ bearings replaced less than 5k ago and I really want to say we hd the ball joints done at the same time but I am not sure. When inspecting it I can tell the tie rods and steering arm are loose but honestly the whole front end is a little out of my comfort zone, which just means more research & reading... so I can formulate a game plan. It seems like there are a lot of upgrade options but until my knowledge is a little more in depth I am hesitant to go in any one direction....Any suggestions? I am not looking to add a lift to the truck any time soon, and I don't think I will be running XL tires either, but I would like a system that is durable/ cost effective (not cheap) & gives me piece of mind that it is better than the stock system I started with.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting these photos! I am trying to plan my next project which is the front end... I have been doing a little bit of research and there seem to be some options but I am not leaning in any one particular direction. The steering has always been loose, but we have had a noise under the passenger side floor board now that is becoming quite noticeable. My husband had the hub/ bearings replaced less than 5k ago and I really want to say we hd the ball joints done at the same time but I am not sure. When inspecting it I can tell the tie rods and steering arm are loose but honestly the whole front end is a little out of my comfort zone, which just means more research & reading... so I can formulate a game plan. It seems like there are a lot of upgrade options but until my knowledge is a little more in depth I am hesitant to go in any one direction.... Any suggestions? I am not looking to add a lift to the truck any time soon, and I don't think I will be running XL tires either, but I would like a system that is durable/ cost effective (not cheap) & gives me piece of mind that it is better than the stock system I started with.

check out this article and the links on this web page from genos garage. Very in depth very helpful. http://www.genosgarage.com/Steering-and-Suspension/departments/140/ Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting these photos! I am trying to plan my next project which is the front end... I have been doing a little bit of research and there seem to be some options but I am not leaning in any one particular direction. The steering has always been loose, but we have had a noise under the passenger side floor board now that is becoming quite noticeable. My husband had the hub/ bearings replaced less than 5k ago and I really want to say we hd the ball joints done at the same time but I am not sure. When inspecting it I can tell the tie rods and steering arm are loose but honestly the whole front end is a little out of my comfort zone, which just means more research & reading... so I can formulate a game plan. It seems like there are a lot of upgrade options but until my knowledge is a little more in depth I am hesitant to go in any one direction.... Any suggestions? I am not looking to add a lift to the truck any time soon, and I don't think I will be running XL tires either, but I would like a system that is durable/ cost effective (not cheap) & gives me piece of mind that it is better than the stock system I started with.

I found my self in a similar situation when my front end was wearing down. I knew the parts but not much about replacement and which part to replace. I thought an alignment would fix my problem. When they gave me an estimate of $900 to replace what they thought was bad just to fix it where they could align it, I decided to do it myself. I did spend the same $900 maybe $1000, but replaced every thing past the pitman arm where the shop was only replacing maybe 60% of what I did. Ended up in much better shape doing it myself. It is a pretty tough job though because every thing is stuck together pretty well and you will need some special tools. The tools I bought were included in the $1000. If you can or dont mind turning a wrench it is doable at home. I personally used Moog parts for mine and 60K later they are holding up well. I am not trying to over simplify this job, it can be tough, but it can be done if you are a mind to.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Staff

I have a simple solution...... disobey Mopar Mike and don't run the puke bottle mod to the back of the engine. I run mine to the front (straight down pipe) and the steering components never rust, but you have to wipe them clean though.

• Staff

Something about vaporized engine oil seems to stick to everything under there :truck:  :wow:

I'm very glad this thread came up as I am still on the factory sway bar end links with a two inch lift. Now just ordered the longer ones from Genos.

Edited by JAG1