• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is it me, or do I see more Duramaxes running away than other diesel vehicles??

3 hours ago, 04Mach1 said:

Here's a little video of the Detroit DD15 first start after the complete out of frame rebuild. This is where those injectors I posted came from. It's got all the emissions controls. DPF, EGR, and SCR using DEF.

Nice job, I’ve got 550k on a pre emmision 12.7 series 60,( it’s not a lot miles for otr standards but it’s a Colorado heavy haul rig) sitting in a 2000 model freightliner FLD, still got all the original internalls, including injectors, but Ive had to replace every component attached to that motor through out the years. I’ve been trying to convince the shop to do a complete overhead but thier mentality is it’s to old and they want to replace the truck and put me in a new one, I’ve been fighting them tooth and nail to let me ride it out until I retire in a few years but I’m fighting a loosing battle with the upper management people.  I’m going to miss the old girl, she’s simple and reliable and easy to maintain. :(

Guest 04Mach1
14 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Nice job, I’ve got 550k on a pre emmision 12.7 series 60,( it’s not a lot miles for otr standards but it’s a Colorado heavy haul rig) sitting in a 2000 model freightliner FLD, still got all the original internalls, including injectors, but Ive had to replace every component attached to that motor through out the years. I’ve been trying to convince the shop to do a complete overhead but thier mentality is it’s to old and they want to replace the truck and put me in a new one, I’ve been fighting them tooth and nail to let me ride it out until I retire in a few years but I’m fighting a loosing battle with the upper management people.  I’m going to miss the old girl, she’s simple and reliable and easy to maintain. :(

Big companies are funny about old equipment. If they only knew that old truck is only making them money and all it wants is oil changed every once in a while. Instead they would rather alot of out of service time in the shop because of stupid sensor faults in the exhaust after treatment. Series 60 overhead only takes 2 hours tops even setting jakes and injectors Apparently they  think the truck is junk since it doesn't warrant a routine overhead adjustment.

Edited by 04Mach1

I’m talking injector replacement with the overhead, I know that it’s due, Truck is tight and well maintained it could be run over a million easy if just strictly over the road, it’s only had one other driver besides my self in the last 18 years and he was about a hard *** on maintenance as I. But they have thier replacement plan and are going to stick with it. 

Brace yourself to come to work some day and gone...  along with all your stuff you keep in it.  

Some auction company got to our corp and couple months later guys from Africa showed up and would cut them apart and stuff valuable parts in a contanier and import into their country as "used machinery" to get around their customs.  My old one just had in'frame and couple other things done.  Corp bean counter put her on chopping block.  

But what was fun to watch was the guys with newer power units and Corp took some away to give to smaller terminals not running very much miles.  Big crocodile tears?

Edited by 015point9

7 hours ago, TheGreatWhite said:

300k people a day die from gun violence too, keep that in mind

Are you sure it's not 3k, 300k puts it at 110,000,000 a year that's a quarter of the US with all immigrants included. And just FYI more people die from blunt object strikes like hammers then guns but no one's talking about that. 

My response is not aimed directly at you, I just want to make sure the statistics are correct. Don't believe the crap on the news. They make stories to benefit themselves and who pays their salaries. And when you dig deep enough you'll find out that there are only a few big corporations that own all the news channels. And I'm sure their CEOs play golf together.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Are you sure it's not 3k, 300k puts it at 110,000,000 a year that's a quarter of the US with all immigrants included. And just FYI more people die from blunt object strikes like hammers then guns but no one's talking about that. 

My response is not aimed directly at you, I just want to make sure the statistics are correct. Don't believe the crap on the news. They make stories to benefit themselves and who pays their salaries. And when you dig deep enough you'll find out that there are only a few big corporations that own all the news channels. And I'm sure their CEOs play golf together.

No I'm not that dumb, it's not even 3k either. Some Representative or someone in office of some sort said that 300k people die a day from guns. It's pretty funny cause most people ran with it. Tbh I'm probably one of the biggest Trump supporters on here :thumbup2:

Edited by TheGreatWhite

During the 9 years that I was a owner/operator I saw the results of 4 other turbo failures and I was the only one that caused minimal damage as all I had to do was clean the cross over tube and rebuild the turbo. The worst was the one that blew the cold side apart pulling a hill and took the side of the hood out and the one that the driver panicked and forgot to pull the emergency shut down so the engine just ran until it ran out of engine oil . Almost all of them required a rebuild when all was said and done. What worries me is that none of these gave any indication that there was a problem until they went ( no oil in the intake , no shaft play or no odd sounds until it was to late). With a auto as most of our trucks have a shut down sounds impossible but you might be able to limit it until it runs out of oil  and with a manual with a good clutch sounds doable but I don't want to think about trying to stall one cruising at 70 MPH.

Guest 04Mach1
21 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I’m talking injector replacement with the overhead, I know that it’s due, Truck is tight and well maintained it could be run over a million easy if just strictly over the road, it’s only had one other driver besides my self in the last 18 years and he was about a hard *** on maintenance as I. But they have thier replacement plan and are going to stick with it. 

Well injector replacement is a little different since quality remaned injectors are on the pricey side especially if the truck is on their planned retire list.

I worked for XPO Logistics LTL. in Henderson, Colorado before moving back to NM. I'd seen them retire low mileage Detroit Series 60 and Cat C13 engine trucks when repairs were needed. The repairs in many cases would cost less than $1,000 but because the truck was 10 years old it got put on the retired line waiting for auction. By low mileage I mean less than 500,000 miles. Granted yes most of them were Sterling single axle day cabs with 7 speed Eaton's. Seen quite a few get retired because it needed something as simple as a clutch.

23 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

A friend of mine had that issue albeit with a smaller truck.  He was the lead surveyor at his company and had been using the same mid 80's 3/4 ton suburban for 20+ years, no A/C, and AM radio and he liked it that way.  They fought to put him in a newer truck and when they finally did, 2 weeks after having it some kid stole it from his driveway.  The kid dumped all the equipment in an alley and then crashed into a tree when the cops chased him.  The company gave him his old suburban back a few days later.  :lmao: