• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The Future of Trucks

Me78569

12 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I guess you're right, especially at walmart :wow: 

God help us all.....:pray:

Walmart isn't my favorite place to be either.....but those savvy shoppers aren't willing to pay for anything.  Thats why they're there.

Instead, stop by your local legislative office.  Your officials will pay any amount of money for something stupid because its not their money.  So as we see our more of our tax dollars purchasing city / county electric vehicles you can bet that the cost to fix those vehicles isnt high on their give a crap list.

Edited by KATOOM
  • Like 2

• Staff
5 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Is this a joke, how much does that car cost new? This just doesn't make any sense. Who is stupid enough to pay that. 

These second gens look better and better all the time don't they.

• Like 2

• Staff

I'm glad you mentioned Control arm bushings as I have a clunk and worried about ball joints. I'm sure its not now.... Thanks, because BJ's where done not long ago. :thumb1:

Did you get the wood split/ stacked yet? :poke: :lmao:

Edited by JAG1

• 1 month later...

Looks like Chevy is stepping into the Electric drag racing market.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/4/18057110/chevy-electric-camaro-ecopo-ev-drag-racing

I wonder what Dodge is going to do once their purpose built drag car that is no longer king of the hill?      No specs on charging or range, but I expect much of the same as we have now.  

The curious thing about the article is that the 700hp  800 volt motors use a mounting system that is identical to the current LS Line.....  The day of the electric Crate motor is upon us. 

Perhaps most important, Tatarevic says, is that the housing for the electric motors matches that of GM’s combustion LS motors, which are supremely popular.

People go to the drag strip to hear the roar of the motors and the smell of fuel...  Not to hear the whizzing sounds of electric motors.  Thats not picking on electric motors either but just making a point that just because electric motors are fast doesnt mean they give me the same kinda chub.

Its like all the hype about robotic racing vehicles.  WHY...?  Whats the point...?  Racing is about the human element.....not just winning.

• Like 1

robot racing doesn't make sense,  there is no human error to make one team better or worse.....no one wants to watch a preprogrammed race.

Whenever I have driven an electric car I feel like I am Han Solo.   they make a pretty cool sound, but is it not as unearthed as a big block gasser.