• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

On 9/18/2018 at 4:43 PM, Me78569 said:

yes

7 x .010's are a well rounded injector for really any setup under 550 hp

I did some trading with a friend and have his 7 x .011's. They are DAP injectors. Supposedly only have about 1500 miles on them. But I am sending them to Jacob for testing and rebuild to be on the safe side. But should I have 7 x .010 nozzles installed, or will the 7 x .011's be manageable for under 550 hp?

46 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

My 7x10 are virtually smoke free with my current tune, and going down in tire size helped too. 7x11 should be pretty close, but if you still have hx35 it may get fun tunning. But should be ok, just need to detune it more. 

Ok, Turbo will eventually be upgraded.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Cummins4life said:

So I’m new to all this performance. I want to hit the 400 to 450hp mark. I was told the stock injectors would get me there is this correct information? Waiting on a shop to get there dyno setup so I can see what I have know.

Even if you could I don't think it will be a good horsepower. Be way better with bigger injectors Quadzilla tuner and a good Turbo. Jmo

7 hours ago, Cummins4life said:

So I’m new to all this performance. I want to hit the 400 to 450hp mark. I was told the stock injectors would get me there is this correct information? Waiting on a shop to get there dyno setup so I can see what I have know.

Stock injectors will not get you there.  Neither will  a stock turbo.  325-350HP is about as much as you can hope for with a programmer (ADRENALINE!!!!)  and stock turbo/injectors.  Your truck will likely make 400-450Hp with a set of 100HP injectors and a super B turbo.  Its a great responsive set up.  Consider doing 150HP injectors and custom tune the quadzilla.... then if you ever decide to go with a 62mm turbo you can hit 500HP with the quadzilla turned up.

.....(shameless plug for quadzilla and injector combo with discount) https://www.dieselautopower.com/dap-vp-truck-performance-bundle

Edited by dieselautopower

16 minutes ago, dieselautopower said:

Stock injectors will not get you there.  Neither will  a stock turbo.  325-350HP is about as much as you can hope for with a programmer (ADRENALINE!!!!)  and stock turbo/injectors.  Your truck will likely make 400-450Hp with a set of 100HP injectors and a super B turbo.  Its a great responsive set up.  Consider doing 150HP injectors and custom tune the quadzilla.... then if you ever decide to go with a 62mm turbo you can hit 500HP with the quadzilla turned up.

.....(shameless plug for quadzilla and injector combo with discount) https://www.dieselautopower.com/dap-vp-truck-performance-bundle

@Cummins4life Can't go wrong with DAP. Great company.

Quad and 150s. Having a set injectors rebuilt with 150 nozzles by DAP right now.

i was new to the world of diesel pickup trucks a few years ago.

First truck, 2004 3500 2wd, crew cab, 8 ft bed dullie with a Cummins and a 48RE Automatic Transmission and an Edge Juice  w/ attitude, 147,000 miles, huge air bags, 4 link rear end.

lots of power, hauled heavy loads with ease @ 20+ mpg. I loved that truck until the transmission went out. I looked into the cause of failure, Dodge has put off designing an automatic transmission to handle the big 6.

You want to modify the engine for higher output, you will have transmission trouble using the obsolete 48 or 47 trans, which by the way is a 727 torqflite from the 1950s gone thru several reversions/bandaids to keep production costs to a minimum.

the Edge Pro Comp is for Racing Applications.not recommended for towing.

I suggest doing your do dillagence in bullet proofing the running gear.

so you can add a bunch of reliable power.

As far as I know the Cummins is a million mile motor providing you take certain proactive precautions to address inherent design flaws I.e.

Killer Dowel Pin

53 block castings is of major concern

lift pump to safeguard the injector pump.

auto trans 

I suggest you study up on the auto trans and how to best handle the additional power you want to add. I replaced my truck for one with a six speed manual.

verify you don’t have a 53/block 

verify the killer dowel pin issue has been addressed.

if you have a stock lift pump replace it to safeguard the fuel injector pump

monitor/defuel all critical drive train parameters

Old time 18 wheel operators would tell you don’t go down a grade any faster than you went up it, I suggest an exhaust brake and a way to add holding pressure to the Auto Trans when towing, hammering the throttle, going down hill.

• Like 1

I agree above, but i would also point out that unless you increase your line pressures an exgine brake will not help you much. Make sure you have the line pressures adjusated so that your braking power from the exhaust brake is making its way into the transmission.