• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big change in my life...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Man... The only thing I'm not getting over is getting up in the morning hurting. Lower back and hips are sore in the morning still. It's a morning struggle to get rolling. Like this morning I'm going to fight through it and keep my mental clarity and try and get some article writing done. Being I've got nowhere to go I'm fine with that. Even though my bladder is healing well it still hurts every morning. I continue to refuse the pain meds that the hospital gave me. 

Typically on my mornings here at home, I tend to hit the cannabis just a bit to dull the pain and then by the time sunrise is here I'm pretty much pain-free but mentally a bit slow too. I hate that part of it. Ugh. The other part is I live in a 2 story house where climbing stairs is a must. Not exactly my idea with sore hips and lower back. :rolleyes:

Later on, I've got to pack in firewood this morning I just used my last 4 pieces of firewood. :doh:

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Sad 1

On 2/1/2019 at 3:45 PM, LiveOak said:

...............  A good diet and effective exercise on a regular basis I think is most important.  

About 40 years ago - at 6'1" - I was a trim 175 - 180 lbs.  But - later on - I started doing the 10 lbs added per decade....and in 2010 - I was at 215 lbs - and trying to convince me I didn't have a gut   SO - I decided that I needed to fix things.  I basically went on portion control - and cut back (maybe 95%) on sugars and carbohydrates.  I realized that the government medical recommendations (like avoid bacon and eggs, cut fat out, etc.) - was bogus - and other medical experts were admitting that their recommendations were bad.  So - I gave up desserts (except the rare 'splurge') - I had limited amounts of meat (4 to 6 ounces...occasional splurge to 8 ounces)...and I had lots of salads and lots of green vegetables.   Over the next year - I lost those 40 lbs that I had put on - and I felt so much better.   Exercise - some.  Not excessive....and I didn't rely on it.   Some wise health nut pointed out that exercise was WAY down on the list of things to do - because 'You Can't Outrun your fork'.   You can run HARD for half an hour - and 1 Twinkee will put back those lost calories.   Now - back at my 'fighting weight' - I allow myself to have the occasional party, eat 'unhealthy' - but I monitor my weight, and I get back on the Fitness Train as soon as I am more than 3 pounds above my nominal weight.

• Like 1

• Staff
10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Later on, I've got to pack in firewood this morning I just used my last 4 pieces of firewood. :doh:

Better get out there Mike and start splitting by hand. It would be good for you, but don't over do it.

Also I think I heard a friend of IBMobiles said she'd be interested in dating you if you shave off the hippy badge. :thumb1:

I think IBMobile may have a picture of her.......

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
13 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Better get out there Mike and start splitting by hand.

My back won't tolerate that. Now the wood splitter sure. 

Also I think I heard a friend of IBMobiles said she'd be interested in dating you if you shave off the hippy badge.

I doubt that... I've been single for so long I think I'm defective now. Never married and don't seem to attract women. Oh well...

36 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Also I think I heard a friend of IBMobiles said she'd be interested in dating you if you shave off the hippy badge. :thumb1:

I think IBMobile may have a picture of her.......

:lmao::wink::whistle::moon::tongue::sofa::thumbup2::lmao:

I'm gonna have to trade mark that!  :lmao: Hippy Badge!  :woot::lol3::lmao:

Edited by LiveOak
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Staff

43 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My back won't tolerate that. Now the wood splitter sure. 

I doubt that... I've been single for so long I think I'm defective now. Never married and don't seem to attract women. Oh well...

You'd be surprised..... you might be in for a big change in your life soon.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
6 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Sorry, I'm not holding my breath. Too many times of having my heart broken. I've got kind of a hardened shell now.

26 minutes ago, LiveOak said:

I'm gonna have to trade mark that!  :lmao: Hippy Badge!  :woot::lol3::lmao:

I'm keeping the Hippy badge for sure. Just because of that... I'm just a Western Redneck.

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Too late.  Already happened.  Just gotta deal with it and be thankful for the blessings the Lord brings our way.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mike,

You hanging in there?

You're still in our thoughts and prayers.

As for the opposite sex,  I watched my buddies go thru their relationships and divorces.

Seen the toughest guys I know cry like babies when their wives cheated or left.

I didn't want any part of that 3 ring circus in my life.

Single was easier.

The change for me is when I got involved with a local church.

That's where I met my wife.

I would have never found her in a bar or club (been in plenty of those).

Let's say I've lived a pretty rough life.

I got married at 40.

GLAD I WAITED!!

I'll be 60 this year and very happy.

4 kids of our own now.

• Like 3

• Owner
On 2/21/2019 at 12:36 PM, Octafish said:

I got married at 40.

I'm heading for 50... Ugh! Single life is very very boring. 

On 2/21/2019 at 12:36 PM, Octafish said:

Hey Mike,

You hanging in there?

You're still in our thoughts and prayers.

As for me, I've managed to knock my blood pressure way down. As for my bladder issue, I'm waiting for the current storm and weather system to stop before committing on a second surgery which the doctor wants to do to explore my bladder one last time.

• Like 2

• Owner

Just think....... you could have up to 6 kids with that place you got...... no more boredom. :thumb1:

Sure only if I had the right wife. Takes two to make a family and offspring. Kind of hard to do as a single guy... :(

Be totally honest.

I've been slapped in public for cracking a joke to my date. Just trying to be funny. 

Three gals I've been with end the relationship because I either didn't pay all there bills for them or didn't have enough income to be there sugar daddy. One went as far as asking MoparMom to sell her house and pay for her house. True story. Even while MoparMom went in the hospital I got dumped that same day because I was able to spend money on her because Mom was in the hospital. OMG! Seriously? Got dumped and had my Mom possibly dying... 

I've been abused by women more than once... Maybe that why I'm still single. I've had enough of having my heart torn from my chest and then stomped on, then kicked to the curb.

Now I currently sitting on the fence waiting for my medical bills to pop and ring out the final number. I really can't afford to have a date or wife right now. Being most of my income will be going right back out the door. Like buying another truck again. :broke:

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Sad 1

• Staff

I was hoping that you would get a laughon what I said not spill your emotions Everything has a weight in life that places itself right on your back. It just the nature of  things and how God designed everything and all that is around us. I know.... I raised 3 kids.   :duh::ahhh:

The only good wife will be the one that has a boat load of wisdom, is not materialistic is not connected with the rest of the world in many ways. A kind of pickuluar lady. Loves the lord more than anything. That's the one you want. Going to church singles groups that sort of thing. Stay away from online dating God forbid.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 3

• Staff
6 hours ago, portlandareae28 said:

You will know if you find one that “Gets it” 

if if you can’t find that one, single is better in my opinion Mike.   I apologize if it is lonely, but it’s better than the drama that potentially comes with it,

You got that right and very few want to admit that.

I got a buddy that got married 3 times. Kept thinking he found an angel. That last one lasted a year and even though it lasted only a year she got his dads house free and clear by using false accusations to the judge. She divorced him only after he inherited his dad  house free and clear when his dad died. She was a pretty blonde with an honest looking clean face too. Boy... did he get that wrong.

• Sad 1