• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No washer or intermittent wiper

Well this morning it was pretty frozen i we iced the truck etc drove maybe 5 miles went to clean the screen using the washers but the wipers froze. now i only have wipers working on fast no intermittent and no washer/wipers when the washer button is pressed anyone had this issue? Is there a fuse for this part of the circuit?? Thanks

10 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If the wiper are coming on the fuse is good. There is a relay in CTM that comtrols delay. I'm not sure if you can fix the CTM. Might be a fuse for the CTM.

Sorry whats the CTM? Wiper fuse is ok and i have wipers working on fast just no intermittent or washers

• Staff

Let us know what you find as I'm interested as well. Fuses your looking for are probably in the fuse panel and can be tested with a test light. I think everyone knows that, but It will also hurt an ohm meter if any of the circuits are on while using that setting, so you should have batteries disconnected if you use that setting on the volt meter.

Edited by JAG1

Ronnie,

I have attached the electrical diagrams from a 2001 for the wipers.  Most likely it is your multi function switch.  But it could be the CTM too.  There is a good diagnostic chart in the manual also.  Here is a description of the operation:

• Continuous Wipe Modes - The two-speed
wiper motor and the internal circuitry of the multifunction switch work in concert to provide two continuous wipe cycles, low speed or high speed.
• Intermittent Wipe Mode - The internal circuitry of the multi-function switch, the CTM, and the
wiper relay work in concert to provide an intermittent wipe mode with multiple delay interval selections. On models with a high-line or premium CTM,the CTM also automatically adjusts each manually selected delay interval to compensate for vehicle speed.

All of the power comes from fuse 6  in the panel by your driver door (called the junction block)  So if any part works the whole system has the potential to work.

When you turn them off do they just stop or do they go back to proper position.  (this would tell us if the park switch is working.)

Its odd that you lost low speed too.  The power for low speed (and high speed) is a direct signal from the multifunction switch.  red/yel and brown/white feed low and high speed directly ignoring the CTM. 

The park switch in the wiper motor is an important part.  I think the CTM will never reset without seeing the park switch. 

Hope this helps  GL

Hag

2001 FSM Ram 8w-53-2.pdf

2001 FSM Ram 8w-53-3.pdf

• Like 1

Ronnie,

The wipers SHOULD stay powered until it trips the park switch.  So something is wrong there...

I have not played with the chrysler wiper motors, but the GMs you could get into and see how the park switch worked and test it out.  I see you are in UK, so i am guessing a new wiper motor is not an easy trip to the autoparts store.

Be careful.  The diagram I attached is a 2001.  The wire colors may be wrong, but I think you could use it to test your system.  you will at least be able to see if you are getting the proper 12v signals on the high and low commands.

GL  HTH

Hag

• Owner

Here is what I've got for wire map as well.

Wipers wiring map 1999 Dodge Ram

47 minutes ago, Ronniemx3 said:

the wipers do not park they just stop wherever they are when switched offf

Wiper motor failure. The park reed is most likely damaged. Most likely when you try turning them on and then switch then off but the motor couldn't reach park again. The motor was in a locked state and most likely burned the park reed. 

Well this is where I'm at all fuses tested ok

3 wires have continuous 12v to the wiper motor when hi/low is selected 1 wires drops to 4 volts the other 2 drop to 0 volts... 

When intermittent is selected all 3 wires stay hot regardless of the relay clicking in and out.

Is this because the park switch isnt working in the motor? 

I only had a quick 5 min look due to snow dark and minus 2 or 3 celcious

?

Also i unplugged one of the ign fuses and the chime started inside for one reason or another but not too interested in chime working or not i just like my wipers working correctly.

Any more help would be much appreciated thanks

Edited by Ronniemx3
Forgot to add something

Kinda have the same thing going on with my 98. I have L/H and it goes to park but no intermittent. My washer works but have to have the wipers on L/H to clean the wind shield. Ive swapped relays with no luck. I pulled the motor and transmission out and tried to get into the motor but had no luck.

If you turn on the wipers when the wipers are frozen to the windshield you end up welding the park switch and you lose the park position. The park function is related to the intermittent setting. If you are good enough you can sometimes open the motor housing and break it lose. I have done before this but only half of them survived.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nekkedbob said:

If you turn on the wipers when the wipers are frozen to the windshield you end up welding the park switch and you lose the park position. The park function is related to the intermittent setting. If you are good enough you can sometimes open the motor housing and break it lose. I have done before this but only half of them survived.

Yeah I've ordered a motor surprisingly cheap to buy!