• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to doing this. Was nice to be able to work on an improvement instead of fixing something because it broke. A few things from my view. To those who say it only takes a n hour, congratulations, you win the race. I'm a pretty competent wrench being an industrial mechanic/machinist by trade, but it took me an hour just to get it in the shop and unravel the loom. I don't rush when I'm doing my own work though either. Just saying to those who are gonna do this if you're saying to yourself, I've got an hour before I got to head to work so I can knock this out quick, you might want to wait till you have a little more time. My splice was glued together very tight. I could not get it apart. My AC noise was never that high to begin with and maybe that's partly why. Still good to get rid of that junk though. I'm not arguing for or against paralleling cables, but I did it. The guy who originally figured this out is much smarter than me. My word, it would take me the rest of my life to write one of his epistles on the subject so why not follow what he said. Can't hurt anything and I was at the shop to get the breaker anyhow so I had a pair of cables made up and used them. To each their own. I was a little confused with the last step in the simple article. It appeared to me that the old ground plug was to be used. I didn't want to use it so I cut it off at the battery only to realize the PCM splice was there. Oh well, now the @IBMobilePCM splice repair is done as well even though I didn't plan on it at that moment. In the end it's a lot cleaner. I need to get some smaller loom yet to run across the front. I was at .03acv and now depending which meter I use I'm between .017-.02avc. Just wanted to share my experience. One more off the never ending list.......

• Like 3

• Staff
59 minutes ago, dave110 said:

I guess it is like a savings account. I mean, I'm always putting money into it :lol:

Yes Dave..... want sticker shock? Go ask Dripley what happened when he saw the price of a new one!

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Wait... You were looking at new trucks? I thought you were busy at work :think: or is that what you told the wife.

Hah. Picked up a spare tire wench from the lical dealer a couple years back. Couldn't leave without looking. Started with a 1500 ecodiesel, 55k. Went uphill from there.

• Confused 1