• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The Quad is installed!

jag

So say with 300 injectors, I would start at 70% canbus & go up like Mike mentioned above & then go to power reduction & start reducing it? This is whats throwing me off, can't relate canbus to power reduction. The way I read it is start the canbus at 70% then 71 then 72 & so on,until I get to the 30 psi canbus max, & then go to power reduction & reduce it until smoke is reduced & power is not lost. Then set that amount of power reduction percentage (%) to match the % in the canbus, & start again to reset the canbus numbers from that number & continue up until I again reach the 30 lbs. max in the canbus?

Is this correct?????????????????

1- Go to level 1 & power reduction.

2- Decrease the power reduction % until smoke clears at WOT snap.

3- Now take that % & apply that number to your 0 psi & move the rest of the sliders up by 1 % to the 30 psi setting.

4- Then take the power reduction percentage & set it to a valet % for anti theft or girlfriend.

5- Then move on to step 2

Edited by jag
correction in wording.

• Owner

Capture+_2019-04-27-09-46-04.png

Just to show you don't have to play by the rules exactly. Like, in this case, I did the 100% start out for a reason of the Quad and ECM fighting down low are 1,200 RPM for handoff and start surging. Being the Quad is pulling fuel down the ECM keeps adding fuel so the surge continues. Now if you start at 100% the ECM and Quad are on equal playing ground the surge is minimized in town going from light to light at 30 MPH. This is more of Manual Transmission issue. 

Opps I see another thing I tapped 6 PSI... OPPS!

Thank you gentlemen!

Amen

I can't  remember the last time I was so bullheaded on anything like this. Now I know what I'm doing tomorrow, snow is just about gone, again. Thunder storms yesterday afternoon & the a blizzard for desert.

• Like 1

Copy this into your post and fill out the info

Power Levels: 11

Timing

Fuel Load Timing: 2.0

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 3

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 3

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 30

Timing vs rpm

1500: 16

2000: 18

2500: 22

3000: 24

Timing Max: 26

Wiretap

Pump Stretch: 1200

TPS Pump max: 100

TPS Pump Min: 20

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage: 0

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 10 

Boost Scaling: 40

RPM Limit: 3700

Power Reduction: 100

0 PSI %: 62

1 PSI %: 63

2 PSI %: 64  

3 PSI %: 65

4 PSI %: 66

5 PSI %: 67

6 PSI %: 68

7 PSI %: 69

8 PSI %: 70

9 PSI %: 72

10 PSI %: 74

11 PSI %: 76

12 PSI %: 78

13 PSI %: 80

14 PSI %: 82

15 PSI %: 84

16 PSI %: 86

18 PSI %: 88

20 PSI %: 90

22 PSI %: 92

24 PSI %: 94

26 PSI %: 96

28 PSI %: 98

30 PSI %: 100

If I'm blowing the tires off now on level 3, I don't even want to know what 10 would be like. Looks like I have some adjusting to do if I'm reading this correctly. Looks funny going from 12 to 44 on the speedo. I see the canbus can hit 4095 & the timing needs help.

At least I have a starting point, I think.

iQuad-2019-05-01-08.41.43.csv

5 hours ago, jag said:

I see the canbus can hit 4095 & the timing needs help.

If your maxing out your canbus, 4095 is max and need more power, that's where wiretap comes in. With bigger injectors I use canbus for the most part. 

• Like 1

If you want more top end power, make sure your 30 psi setting is at %150.  

You can make a large jump from ~100% to %150 at 28-30 psi as you should already be at nearly %100 duration.  The higher % just gives you more fuel for more rpms for longer before the Quad gives up.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

No need for more top end power, stupid fast as it is now. Handles not to bad at 195km /hr though. Appreciate the tip & info. See this is why this forum needs to keep going. Where else are you going to find all the valuable information on the Quad, seriously! I feel more comfortable asking questions now, money is nothing without the knowledge.  

Question,

My cheap ipod crapped out so no adjusting the Quad. It was on PL3. 

When I get another Apple or Quad Android, will it pick up that the truck is already tuned other than stock & take me to the settings I have now that were on the ipod, or am I in trouble?

My battery went for crap, but found a used one for $10.00. Man does this little sucker ever get hot.

How does this look? All comments are good, so let me have it! The dips are where it's breaking loose & me getting off it & on again. What do I need to adjust? Timing seems low up top. It's set at 14, 18, 22, 26, 30. 

iQuad-2019-05-22-10.32.03.csv

• Owner

7 hours ago, jag said:

Timing seems low up top. It's set at 14, 18, 22, 26, 30. 

Actually low on the bottom fine up top. About 26° to 27° is all stock engine will give. Even with the injectors, I'm running I get bucking above 27°. The bottom end can come up another degree but you have to look at how much low boost retards and load base retard will cut back.

I learned a dirty lesson yesterday. I borrowed an ipad,(need bigger numbers to see) downloaded the Quad app, connected to the truck to see how it works. My jaw hit the floor when it connected. There was no information, all settings gone. I thought the Quad would retain the info where the settings were last set to. So does that also mean it goes back to stock running headless? 

On a very good note, I can't believe how much I have loosened my waste gate because I'm not flooding the turbo off idle starting on 64 & 0 psi. I can get the 475 spinning a lot sooner = more grunt off bottom. They are still sharing the boost equal. The 62 makes 40 lbs & big brother is sitting on 20 lbs, same at 60 lbs boost, 475 running 30 lbs. I can also say the EGT's are lower. I went up a 7% - 2 kilometer grade at 120 km hr. & never broke 1000 on the pyro. I am totally satisfied with the Quad so far.  

The Quad will retain whatever was loaded last.  So you can load a tune to the Quad and then never connect the phone back up and it will retain that tune.  The problem is when you first connect it back up it puts in whatever is loaded on your phone or tablet.  So if your phone dies (like mine just did) and you get a new phone and you just install the app on it and connect it to your Quad then you will basically set it back to default tune (what ever is loaded in the app).  The way around that would be to install the app and download the tune that is currently on your truck and set it up the same way as what's on your truck all before connecting the new device to your Quad.

Essentially, every time you connect your phone it initializes all the settings to what ever is currently on your phone. 

• Owner
On 4/27/2019 at 9:33 PM, jag said:

Is this correct?????????????????

1- Go to level 1 & power reduction.

2- Decrease the power reduction % until smoke clears at WOT snap.

3- Now take that % & apply that number to your 0 psi & move the rest of the sliders up by 1 % to the 30 psi setting.

4- Then take the power reduction percentage & set it to a valet % for anti theft or girlfriend.

5- Then move on to step 2

I made a rather simple spreadsheet to math out things and be able to visualize your settings a bit better. Here is the way I typically build. This spreadsheet allows to pick a starting percentage then build a offset ramp to your liking. 

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please explain why I get 19/20 mpg. with the Quad off & 15/16 with the Quad on? Here are a couple of logs, tried to get them as close as possible. The timing spikes are pretty wild.  Also when I'm on pl 3 & switch back to pl 0, my engine runs so much easier, noticeable to your hearing, like the RPM'S even rise. 

iQuad-2019-06-09-01.02.55.csv iQuad-2019-06-09-01.03.58.csv

• Owner

Upload your tune so I can look at it.

I'm going to bet money the timing is set up wrong. With 6 x 0.013 injectors you going to need more timing typically but most miss the mark go either too retarded or overly advanced. The only way I found how to do timing right is keep a fuel log and run 2 to 3 tanks of fuel then make a small change in timing if you making gains in MPG keep going the same direction. Then test again. The better your timing is the lower the engine load will be. 

Typically economy and efficiency problems are more so timing than fuel map. 

• Like 1