• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

NEW FASS Signature Series Diesel Fuel System "What are the Big Differences"

It does not look that much different than my AD. The new 4g pump is very difficult to hear compared to the old style. They do appear to use better fittings and the filtration is 2 microns vs the 5 on mine but I could get a different filter. I just dont see any benefit to that unless the pump is designed to push more fuel thru a more restrictive filter. Others would know more about that part than I would.

As far as the rf noise, Thats over my head.

I have the 95gph. And it’s so quiet I’ve had to get out and check to see if it was even working more than once. 

I  also like how the smaller filters don’t hang down so far. Mine wouldn’t have even been visible if I had measured my line correctly lol

3A39336E-8526-4F6D-BEA9-F99DA463AF26.png

Edited by Jake

I have the new titanium signature series pump, or had more accurately.  The stock lift pump died on my 185k 2012 6.7 powerstroke, installed this, set the pressure and off to the races right?  Wrong.  Microbubbles and cavitation still an issue, had a few low fuel pressure messages, no real reason for it besides cavitation we discovered when we put a clear line in there to watch.  Back and forth with their customer service and they decided to send me another pump.  This was November 2018, in January it died while plowing, I thought the CP4 died (common issue on the newer powerstrokes).  We trailered it back to the shop and discovered the pump wasnt running with power applied.  Second time with problems and FASS wasn't having it, 3 days of emailing and two phone calls resulted in I calling the company I bought it from and they accepted a return for refund.  I'm now back to a stock lift pump which on Fords is more than enough, it was after all just the fastest way I could get the truck back on the road to begin with.

There is a earlier story to my FASS experience with our 24v vp truck.  When I bought it, the truck had a fass on it of unknown age.  I had cavitation issues with it from day one, and it was INCREDIBLY noisy, we tried rubber frame shims, bigger filters, all kinds of things.  I traded it straight out for a airdog raptor 150 since I had a couple cases of normal fuel filters I didn't want to waste.  The airdog was used itself and it lasted from 2015 to Monday.  Airdog without receipt of anything other than a short video on the screeching noise it was making, they fired off another pump in the mail for me.  I will have it in my hands today and that should be everything you need to know about FASS. 

I will state that both trucks are plow and work truck, both see some but not an unusual amount of idle time and both get filters changed before service schedule.  To me, workmanship and quality are number one to the buyer, but customer service is number one when that workmanship and quality fails you.  My trucks might as well be employees, and having them operational is critical to the making of money.  FASS failed at timely service, and honestly pretty much everything else.  Most trucks are tolerant of some air in the supply, but not the 6.7 powerstroke apparently.

Heck of a first post I suppose, but I've lurked for years lol.

13 hours ago, army_greywolf said:

I thought the CP4 died (common issue on the newer powerstrokes).

Funny you mention cp4, I just got a vw for a daily commute and now debating if I want to swap it out to cp3 before it's too late lol, what a joke. Just like anything else we need to tear everything apart and make it our way before it will last. 

As of fass mine is doing fine for now, if it craps, I'm going mechanical, I'm done with electric shavers. Although most problems usually associated with return ball and spring and with new flow through valve it should be a better design, maybe be not. 

If it really concerns you, the cp4.1 in your VW is not likely to give you any issues at all.  I'm an airdog fan, as everyone imho should be.  It is simply a customer service issue for me, I don't give an honest rip how much it costs, or if it will last 10,000 hours or 20,000 hours.  For me, I need to know if it doesn't last, will the company treat me with some kind of priority, airdog did, fass did not.  That is about all to take away from that.

I have at least 2x pallets of the original FASS pumps and have them on sale on our site (discontinued = no MAP).

The signature series makes sense if you have a late model diesel as they are quieter. Not convinced the value is there for a VP or 3rd gen or even early 4th gen truck.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 8:23 PM, army_greywolf said:

If it really concerns you, the cp4.1 in your VW is not likely to give you any issues at all. 

Well I wasn't patient enough to find out, so I ordered a conversion kit to cp3 from a Romanian guy. I'm planning on keeping it for a long time and sound like cp4 will fail eventually, where cp3 is tested and proven. It's a smaller version than on big motors, I guess in Europe thy used mini cp3 on a lot of cars. Guess it's time to learn common rail. 

On 6/23/2019 at 8:23 PM, army_greywolf said:

It is simply a customer service issue for me, I don't give an honest rip how much it costs, or if it will last 10,000 hours or 20,000 hours.  For me, I need to know if it doesn't last, will the company treat me with some kind of priority, airdog did, fass did not. 

I'm opposite, had bad experience with air dog,  basically told me sorry, but we can sell you a new one. So I went with fass. But like I mentioned before, if fass goes out and I won't get free replacement, I'll be going all mechanical route. 

7 hours ago, dieselautopower said:

I have at least 2x pallets of the original FASS pumps and have them on sale on our site (discontinued = no MAP).

The signature series makes sense if you have a late model diesel as they are quieter. Not convinced the value is there for a VP or 3rd gen or even early 4th gen truck.

What do you mean by "discontinued = no MAP" jacobb?

Superseded is a better term for the original series.  The new pumps in production at Fass are the Signature series.  

Fass has a strong policy against discounts on their products, but superseded discontinued products are allowed to be discounted so we are selling them  for a lower price :) 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dieselautopower said:

Superseded is a better term for the original series.  The new pumps in production at Fass are the Signature series.  

Fass has a strong policy against discounts on their products, but superseded discontinued products are allowed to be discounted so we are selling them  for a lower price :) 

I may buy a new one just for the pump in-case mine decides to leave me.