• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Tires Cause constant Yaw Motion?

• Staff

I carry a slide in camper for a long time. How can two New E rated Michelins on the rear cause this almost constant yaw motion..... oversteer condition? Never ever happened before. The tire dealer did show me one rim bent about 1/8th of an inch on the spin balance. Would that be it? Front end is tight as a rock, but its squirrely to drive. Tires are the most expensive Michelins you can buy same as on front.

TIA

• Staff
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Tire pressure?

Fronts were a bit low at 65 psi. I hope that's at least part of it. Thanks Mike.

20 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

Last couple sets of new tires I have purchased have been squirly for the first 1000 miles or so but they werent michelins.

I have heard of that too and I went about 1400 miles to go see IBMobile up in the mountains right after purchasing the tires. I hope thats the other part of what's causing it as Its seems a bit better coming home, just not sure. They came with quite a lot of factory sipe in the tread, if that takes a while to break in too.

I put 4 Toyos Mud on 2 or 3 months ago 315/85 I think.... they don't feel right at all, even had to put the steering damper back on still the same, was horrible with my TT hopefully better with my new ( to me)5th wheel which I haven't collected yet

Michelins supposed to be a good tire, I had good luck with them on several cars/SUVs, I used defenders on those. Even had some 16r20 xzl and xl on my toy truck :thumb1:. They seem to last long time with little balance if you don't mind hwy tread. Of course I didn't bother to balance 16r20s ha ha.

Not sure what you got but hopefully just need time to break in.