• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Radiator Recommendations Needed

1 hour ago, LorenS said:

Anyone have replacement radiator supplier preferences? Mine is leaking at the tank gasket.

I don't need a super-duty, haul 25,000 uphill in the desert model.

Nothing fancy for me. Had to buy from AA or AZ about 9 years ago. Spectra I think. Still in the truck and working fine.

• Staff
2 hours ago, LorenS said:

Anyone have replacement radiator supplier preferences?

I use 1-800-Radiator & AC here in the San Diego area.  They are a franchise wholesale parts outlet.  There's one in Kansas City, Mo at 310 89th Terrace.  861-361-5960   Give them a call and see what they can do for you. 

• Thanks 1

You know I have heard 2 core and 3 core thing around here and the replacements are only 2 core and should be 3. My OE was only 2 core and just like the 2 core I replaced it with. Did the early models come 3 core and were they any thicker than this?

post-10340-13869819938_thumb.jpg

Edited by dripley

I remember researching the same 2 core vs. 3 core and came to the conclusion that since the radiators were the same dimensions the 2 core had larger rows vs 3 smaller rows with a 3 core. so kind of a trade off. I also remember that you had to specify if you had a built in tranny cooler or external, mine is external, but I really don’t remember if I have a 2 or 3 core, but leaning toward 2 core 

I have just been wondering about it for a while. I put mine in on a Sunday on the side I40 when the old one blew. It could of had 1 or 20 cores l didn't much care as long as it worked. It's held up just fine though. Surprisingly easy to do too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1