Jump to content
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We can see you lurking about Mopar1973Man.Com reading articles and reading other member's posts. Are you trying to solve a problem with your Dodge / Ram Turbo Diesel Cummins? We have lots of helpful members and staff on the Mopar1973Man.Com and are willing to give guidance on how to fix or improve your truck. You know when you see good valued information here on Mopar1973Man.Com. We are not corporate owned like many of the other websites out there. Like Cummins Forum (VerticalScope Inc.). Mopar1973Man.Com is entirely privately owned and operated since 2004. Your subscription funds goes towards server maintenance and software maintenance. We happen to be one of the most friendliest and helpful websites for Cummins Owners in the world. Come join us and register and then pick a subscription plan

     

Recommended Posts

Well I was excited that I found an upgrade turbo a HE351W  Ya the Chinese Holset.(since my PacBrake would bolt up) that was going to be bolt on, but the modulator? for the wastegate hit the oil filter housing. I removed one of the studs from the manifold  just to get it in there. Now I need to determine the best way to make it fit. Thinking of bending the the bracket or cutting to move it up. Always up for suggestions.

20200522_141030[1].jpg

20200522_141002[1].jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors

With a hammer and drift, put a "dimple" in the wastegate actuator where it's hitting the oil filter housing.  The actuator diaphragm is in the middle of the housing and won't be affected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

can you not just loosen the clamp and clock the housing or am I missing something ??

 

just looked again at your pictures the first pic, the steel ring with what looks like 4 or maybe 6 bolts ( can't tell) might have to make or bend another canister arm/rod though

Edited by wil440
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, wil440 said:

can you not just loosen the clamp and clock the housing or am I missing something ??

 

just looked again at your pictures the first pic, the steel ring with what looks like 4 or maybe 6 bolts ( can't tell) might have to make or bend another canister arm/rod though

Bracket is bolted to center section. Thinking about cutting bracket and tipping it up a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks closer to bolt then accidentally ordering a 3rd gen short actuator turbo with  a  4.4" exhaust outlet. 

That's what I did had to redo cold side and fab downpipe still have not figured out waste gate.  Ran it now for quite awhile with waste gate turnbuckled closed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up doing a little cutting and a lot of tweaking, but I think I'm ready to braze the bracket.I think I have a few thousands from it hitting the oil filter.

20200527_150642[1].jpg

20200527_182753[1].jpg

20200527_185549[1].jpg

On 5/26/2020 at 5:13 PM, Evan said:

Looks closer to bolt then accidentally ordering a 3rd gen short actuator turbo with  a  4.4" exhaust outlet. 

That's what I did had to redo cold side and fab downpipe still have not figured out waste gate.  Ran it now for quite awhile with waste gate turnbuckled closed.

 

???? Not sure what you're telling me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blueox01 said:

Ended up doing a little cutting and a lot of tweaking, but I think I'm ready to braze the bracket.I think I have a few thousands from it hitting the oil filter.

20200527_150642[1].jpg

20200527_182753[1].jpg

20200527_185549[1].jpg

???? Not sure what you're telling me.

@Evan ordered a turbo for his 2nd that turned out to be one for a 3rd gen. Some modifacations were involved to make it. I will leave that explanation to Evan.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...