• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

LED light strip

• Staff

So recently my dad decided he wanted an LED light strip on his dodge 1500 so he bought 2 of them. One for him and one for me for installing his. 

I got them both installed and have to say I like them. I am always concerned about other drivers not seeing me and rear ending me (it's happened before) so what the heck right.

The LED strips he bought are 60" and have 3 rows of lights, red for tails, yellow sequential for turns and white for reverse lights. They're pretty bright in all stages. I'll attach a few pics to show you.

IMG_20201108_172125746~2.jpg

IMG_20201209_174613896.jpg

IMG_20201209_174640856.jpg

The first one is the tails but in daylight, they're much brighter at night. The second is the reverse lights, very bright plus the LED reverse lights in the tail housings really shine. The third pic is from the back of the truck at night, no flash on the camera, that's all lit up by the reverse lights.

I wanted to load a short vid with the sequential turn signals but couldn't figure that out. 

• Like 3

• Staff

Yeah, he does that. Lol 

He is in his 70's now with a bad back among other issues so I don't mind helping him out at all. 

His light strip was a pain to install though. He has the back up cam so had to remove the tailgate and unplug the cam to make room for my big hands to get in there to install the light strip.

I threw some cheap china lights on my tractor and the side by side. The quality varies wildly, but they all work more or less and can't beat the price. 

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

I wouldn't know how to link to it. My dad ordered them from the Wish app on his phone. All the stuff comes from china but is super cheap, he loves it though. I think he only paid about $15 each for them.

Just click the arrow under the video that says "share", it will provide the option of a link. Or just copy the web address.

• Staff

There's the video with the 4 ways on. The turn signals would start in the center and go the direction selected.

To order you'll have to download the wish app to your phone. These I believe are the ones he ordered. I think they were $21 each now that I looked them up. We got the 60" with reverse lights. So far I like them.

Screenshot_20201210-150844.png

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

They do look like an attention getter, I do like them as just running lights too, a few chicken lights do dress your truck up a bit 

I think l should be offended by this. I will get my therapist and let you know how that turns out.

• Haha 1

I had a similar strip on my truck a couple years ago.  It's a really tight fit when the tailgate is opening and closing.  I hauled some gravel in my truck and a few rocks got down there and got pinched and cracked the housing allowing moisture into the light.  It still worked but sometimes it would turn on when I wasn't using the truck.  I would walk by the window at work and notice the strip all lit up.  I would like to get another one someday.  I do have the 60" amber strips under my doors that act as marker lights and sequential signals.  They have an access light(white) function as well but I haven't wired it up yet.   

• Staff

I saw some of those @Sycostang67, they look cool. Would be nice to have them wired in to the dome lights and light up the ground when the door is open.

I out these on because they were basically a freebie and I think my dad wanted to our trucks to have something in common. Sounds weird but that's him. Lol.

I have several old school "chicken lights" I thought about installing around the tool box. Amber on the sides and the red facing rear. Also have some short LED light strips I bought for my bike but didn't like the color of the lights with the colors on the bike so they're just laying in a parts box for now. Thinking of those for interior accent lighting. I have red or blue. Saving the amber for the harley.

• Staff
9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

my step dad is almost 70 and I help him out all the time.  Got too keep these old gizzards going :poke:

I'm almost 70,  90706452_animated-smileys-smaulis-0731.gif.7e48d5e0d036d76fa735b8f52348099a.gif   you going to come over here and give me a hand too.  

2 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

I hauled some gravel in my truck and a few rocks got down there and got pinched and cracked the housing allowing moisture into the light.

Thanks for the heads up about that.  last month I hauled 2 loads of 3/4' gray crushed rock for back fill and the rock wedged between the tailgate and bed.  It would have broken those LEDs for sure.  I wonder how they would be on the back of a trailer or 5th wheel?  

• Staff

Actually @IBMobile if you look on Amazon there are some low profile led lights that I've been looking at for trailer lights myself. They're red and have hi and low for tails and brake lights. If I recall they were under $25/pair.

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Trailer-Compliant-Waterproof-Warranty/dp/B07V7BF18Shttps://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Trailer-Compliant-Waterproof-Warranty/dp/B07V7BF18S

Was looking at those for a trailer I built. They also have amber for side markers/turn signals.

This is the trailer 

IMG_20201023_145832038.jpg

23 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I have several old school "chicken lights" I thought about installing around the tool box. Amber on the sides and the red facing rear. Also have some short LED light strips I bought for my bike but didn't like the color of the lights with the colors on the bike so they're just laying in a parts box for now. Thinking of those for interior accent lighting. I have red or blue. Saving the amber for the harley.

Like this?  :cool:  I used to have a strip on the back of the tool box but I crushed it as well hauling stuff.  

lights.jpg

15 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

If you didn't leave in comifornia I want nothing to do with that place

More I think about my reply it just doesn't sound right. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I should have replied something like, sure come on over and bring some drinks while I help you out. I usually say what's on my mind without thinking too hard though, but nothing to mean anything bad, just sometimes I'm off topic with my answers.