• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Had to tow a broken ford today

my daughter lives in TN. She calls the other day and here 07 CRV is spraying oil and was told she had a bad seal. Did not know which one. With that sideways motor on it I did not want to touch a seal. The car has over 200k. The front is torn up from hitting a deer and the lift is bent up from her parking and exiting her car while running and not in park. So I found her an 06 Odyssey with about 50k less on the clock with a rebuilt tranny and timing belt/water pump nexly done. So I am the creditor for said purpose and after I purchase the vehicle she sends me an email that she found out that is just the power steering pump and texted me that ike I was going to laugh about it not being serious. I texted back that the guy out 3300 bucks did not see the humor in that one. I love all my children dearly. Sometimes that can be a big struggle. 

• Like 1

• Staff

@dripley, maybe put it in storage for when something else goes wrong? Lol

My older daughter has a crv and the only thing it needs to my knowledge is the flex piece in the exhaust replaced. Decent vehicle for her and her small family, all wheel drive and plenty of room for them. Told her I'd replace that part if she bought it.......it's been a year now :duh:

• Staff
9 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

@dripley, maybe put it in storage for when something else goes wrong? Lol

My older daughter has a crv and the only thing it needs to my knowledge is the flex piece in the exhaust replaced. Decent vehicle for her and her small family, all wheel drive and plenty of room for them. Told her I'd replace that part if she bought it.......it's been a year now :duh:

Please tell me what a 'flex piece' is in the exhaust...... I'm so old my Mother in Law came from Oaklahoma in a covered wagon have never heard of that before. T.I.A.

• Staff
1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Please tell me what a 'flex piece' is in the exhaust.

Here is one example.  This type can be used to connect the exhaust manifold to the head pipe on a side mounted engine.  

image.png.9589203d857780bc28de632977db6fe2.png

• Thanks 1

• Staff
On 1/7/2021 at 6:06 PM, JAG1 said:

Thanks IBMobile. You had to tow your sons car. He left it miles from home didn't he?:spend:

He brook down Just outside of Tonopah, NV.   He had AAA tow it 128 miles to his aunt's house near Tom's Place, CA. ,   I rented a trailer and drove 345 miles to get it.  On the way up the right rear tire tread pealed in the 108°f temp in the high dessert doing $3500 of damage to the quarter panel. 

IMG_7179.JPG.8c23ae60fc1e54ed9c57aa4cc96be703.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG.479c839d2c46682676a5c3ad177672bb.JPG

• Sad 1

• Owner

I've only can remember one time that happen. Was my 1978 Dodge Motorhome had 10+ year tires on and lost 1 inner dual and one out dual on both sides at the same time. That was the only time I can remember having to call a tire company for flat repair. My fault for running old tires and going cross country to MN. 

So far knocking on wood I've only had flat tires with my truck and never had any tread separations or explosive blow out. 

• Staff

A little update on my daughter's suv and a lesson for the future as well.

Transmission shop got it fixed, they dropped the pan did a drain/fill and filter. Fixed the leaky fitting going into the radiator. The major problem with it was.....drum roll.......a/c noise!

A little while back my daughter replaced her ignition coils, the 4.6 has one per cylinder so she did all 8. She bought some from Amazon in an attempt to save some money and now it bit her.

The shop replaced them with OEM (guessing motorcraft) and all is fine now. Trans shifts good, no more leak and she is a happy camper again.

So, lesson learned. These newer vehicles cannot take any a/c noise or wild electrical interference, it plays hell on things.

Wonder if there is a ground mod for her suv :think:

• Staff
5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Now it's in for a whole new makeover,

I striped everything off the truck including weather striping, door handles, 5th wheel hitch mounting, running boards, etc. then sent it to the body shop.  They took the windows out, hood and bed off;  took every dent out, painted, and installed a new windshield.  Now I'm putting it back together with a new grill, dashboard, and upgraded sound system.   Pics to follow when done.

• Like 2