• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

6 CYL Mode requires the coolant <140*F and the IAT <32*F with grid heaters actively heating.  Typically close to 25*F outside.

3 CYL Mode requires the coolant <140*F and the IAT <15*F with grid heaters actively heating.  Typically close to +5*F outside.

Quadzilla anything below your set "Warm up" temp will lock the tuner to level 0. Then waits the delay and then starts 1,200 High idle. 

Any High idle switches in production?

• Owner

Yes it could... 

Even though the block heat might make 90 to 100*F temp b ut blowing outside air can upll that down. Then when you start the activation of the high idle 6 CYL just needs.

• Coolant below 140*F
  • IAT below +32*F with grid heater running. 

3 CYL...

• Coolant below 140*F
  • IAT below +15*F with grid heaters running.

1 minute ago, Scarecrow said:

Understood, what I am saying is at 0* F and below, this truck has never idled up or gone to 3cyl idle even after it was flashed. Hell, I didn't even know it is supposed to do that until I started following this form years ago.:shrug:

Mark

They must not have flashed it the right way, some call it high idle some call it winter idle, I heard other names for it that I can't remember.

• Owner
3 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Understood, what I am saying is at 0* F and below, this truck has never idled up or gone to 3cyl idle even after it was flashed. Hell, I didn't even know it is supposed to do that until I started following this form years ago.:shrug:

Mark

ONLY if the high idle software is enabled. Once enabled it will be rather random hit miss. Be8ng based on IAT to start. Then if you had my switch then you can command what you want.