• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey.... Just Morning Coffee and Wired Up Chat........

JAG1

• Owner

Well geez I've got Panther Piss in my shop. I might have to switch to Squirrel Piss next. (Soybean Oil)

YESTERDAY'S SCREWED UP WORK DAY ---

Yesterday sucked. I had my last customer in the yard and then this morning I've got 2001 Dodge with vacuum problem for the CAD axle. So glad I don't own a CAD axle in my Cummins. Then I'm gotta do research on a 2019 Ford why the temp control does work. Then the second Ford 2004 has a (P0355) bad ignition coil on cylinder E. Ford can no longer count the cylinder so that is cylinder 5. Cray I know... 

Before all this I gotta work on my truck from thing. I've go a few weird things to deal with. My Volt gauge will chime the CHECK GAGES and drop the volt gauge to 8. The alternator is still . charging at 14.3. So now I got to figure out what data is being missed. The other weird one while I was out I got a check engine light with two other codes for the ECM. Reset and cleared and stayed good. (Another thread for the 24V gen area)

Sum of Witch I thought I could get the ATF yesterday morning. Nope. One customer forgot hes suppose to come this morning. Then he had to bill collect on his customers before coming. By the the time I took care of two customers getting them set up and get to McCall to get ATF for my last job it was already 4pm by the time I got home and snowing again. 

LAST NIGHTS FUN ---

Now the fun side... I've been hooking up with most of the neighborhood (Sean's Family, Andrew' Family, Then there is Mark and George the odd ducks). Last night a friend of mine Andrew had a dinner party for all of us. At least 4 or 5 households were there. Stuff Pork Chops (smoked), potatoes, salad, green bean casserole, etc. I bought the soda for drinks three 12 packs. We all gather to share our time and yak and talk to everyone. Eileen found she got some gardening partners now and one loves to to do canning. Myself I was being the pest to the dogs like always and stirring them up. You know how guys are talking shop and HP. Yup, Sean (Booger) Davis he's wanting me to build up his Dad's 94 Cummins into a towing monster. Sean is also building a Chevy S10 with a V8 350 and turbo 400 trans. He's threatening to whip my Cummins. (Bring it on I'll play!) Andrew want me to do a exhaust brake for his Duramax. It was a good evening. Before dinner last night Eileen spun around ,"Hey babe I forgot the bread" Ask Sean if he wanted to come along so he could to drive my truck. After going the 2 miles to my place and back he's not to quick to run his mouth about whipping my truck now. :burnout2: In about a 2 to 3 second burst he was crossing 85 MPH really quick from 55 MPH.

TODAY ---

So today I'm going to work on my truck. Everyone just going to have to hold on there for a day.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

I’m spoiled here in California. Your average cold day here is in the 50’s. At night it can dip into the twenty’s. Not to often though. Last time it snowed in the valley was the mid 1990’s. Now the summer can reach to 110 plus. I much prefer the “winter” over summer. I can always put a jacket on. The weather is the only good thing here! 😆 The last few days have been in the 70’s.  I ditched my vacuum CAD for the Posi Lock. Much better! 

Edited by Threadzy
  • Like 1

• Staff

Hope the weather breaks for you Mike Nelson and you get a lot done. Don't forget to clean up the burnt hot dogs left on the manifold. :thumb1:

Our weather here is just now showing signs of spring. What a relief to go out in the sunshine after nothing but rain, ice and snow for weeks. 10 days without power was enough...... I even found myself carrying the flashlight still, even tho the lights were on. :lol:

My truck has a problem with the wipers working and then not working. Been doing that everytime I go out. Then they will work, but very slowly. Next time they work fast like they are a new truck :ahhh:. I got the main wiper ground on the cowel cleaned, seemed to help a little. Next is the G100 grnd in front of the drivers battery, even tho cleaned last year, I think the factory may have not stripped all the wires for that terminal. Thanks to Wil440 he found that to be his problem.

Last summer IBMobile took a couple of us on this most amazing mountainous highway.

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

• Like 3

• Owner

That's why I cleaned up the Garage area and made it to be a photo gallery for your truck stuff. Limited out the photos there so you can stuff way more truck photos...

As for working on my truck again didn't happen... Uuuugggghhhh! :ahhh: Ended up working on customers truck because of deadlines. Still need to get the repairs done for my own trucks. One day soon I' would like to have the time to stuff a clutch in the 2006 Dodge Ram and make it roll and drive. Still haven't got the volt gauge issue figure out yet either. 

16 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I'm curious @Dieselfuture, what are the small gauges and switches for? The ones I'm the ash tray spot and under the back up cam display.

Rear air bags

:hijack: a thead as usual and posted my garbage in here :rolleyes:

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/18186-installing-air-springs-hose-question/?tab=comments#comment-235910

• Staff
On 2/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Should use it I made it so you can keep all your mods photos and truck photos in one spot to make it easier to free up storage space for message attachments. 

I'll have to go in there and figure out how it works as well. I looked at it before the server upgrades and it confused me a little. Maybe it's better now. We'll see.

• Owner

Garage is a more or less collections program always you to showcase what you collect. Originally the first program was called the Garage and then the author updated more and changed the name. Now under the "Modification Tab" you can list every one of your modifications and then show pictures for every one of them. As soon as I get a change to clean up the truck and do some repairs I will relist my "Modifications" which is long. Why did I drop the Garage Database is because when I set it up it was based on good look large photos. Now I'm looking for good look photos but more compact size for mobile. Half of my server issue is photos taking too long to render on the screen when some of the photos where as big as 11 MB. Now its limited size will help with mobile timings. 

As for me I tried to take the day off and didn't exactly turn out to be a day off. But being both of my trucks have issues. I know the 2002 Dodge has error codes but haven't had a chance to go out and play in the snow to check that one. The 1996 Dodge now has no 4WD drive something in the shift linkage is screwed up or rusted or sticking because I can shift to 4WD LO but if I shift to 4WD HI then it will not stay in gear and grinds. Yeah I get another working weekend... Oh goodie! :clap::truck:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff
15 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Garage is a more or less collections program always you to showcase what you collect. Originally the first program was called the Garage and then the author updated more and changed the name. Now under the "Modification Tab" you can list every one of your modifications and then show pictures for every one of them. As soon as I get a change to clean up the truck and do some repairs I will relist my "Modifications" which is long. Why did I drop the Garage Database is because when I set it up it was based on good look large photos. Now I'm looking for good look photos but more compact size for mobile. Half of my server issue is photos taking too long to render on the screen when some of the photos where as big as 11 MB. Now its limited size will help with mobile timings. 

As for me I tried to take the day off and didn't exactly turn out to be a day off. But being both of my trucks have issues. I know the 2002 Dodge has error codes but haven't had a chance to go out and play in the snow to check that one. The 1996 Dodge now has no 4WD drive something in the shift linkage is screwed up or rusted or sticking because I can shift to 4WD LO but if I shift to 4WD HI then it will not stay in gear and grinds. Yeah I get another working weekend... Oh goodie! :clap::truck:

Bent linkage maybe? Odd that it will engage one way but not the other.

I had a '95 chevy that did that to, found that something had hit the linkage and bent it just enough to not fully engage in 4HI but 4low worked fine.

Fixed that, went out to cut firewood 2 hours later and shattered a CV joint in front. Those days are over, solid axle in front with the dodge! 

• Owner
7 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Bent linkage maybe? Odd that it will engage one way but not the other.

Rusted linkage how about that? The salt has done its damage. It the fact you cant make a solid gear change and bouncing back out. After shooting PB blaster all over the shift linkage and shifted a few times it helped. Still you need to shift to 4WD LO first then back up to 4WD HI that way it completes the pull. I did crawl under and look yeah its in sad shape being all the highway miles driven and salt on the highways.