• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm Back, Finally! And I have some good questions/ topics

I changed few tcase seals and always leaked, finally I changed the tail bushing and it's been great now. As for pinion seal I used 3/4 impact that took the nut off, I marked it and put it back just pass the mark almost 8 or so years ago still good. The seal was fine it rusted through the metal because it's double wall and traps junk in there. There is no crush sleeve there so just put it back with impact you'll be fine, like I said I held the trigger too long and it's passed my mark just a bit. U-joints you need to be thoughtful when changing, easy to screw up if not done right. 

Well I have recorded a few videos with my gopro but none have come out good. Way to much wind noise. Idk what it is, never had this problem while on my helmet riding atvs... so back to drawing board on that... maybe I'll just try my phone...

Got my dash and bezel shipped in, also got my all my anti sway bar stuff in from genos, still might have to find bushing mount/retainer for sway bar bushings if I can't find them. Need to get those seals conjured up then lots of play time installing it all. 

I ordered new mirrors and filter from cpp diesel on 6-22 @ noon, still have yet to get a shipping confirmation. Even emailed them a couple of times- nothing. If I don't get something Monday rain or shine im canceling it. Items didn't show out of stock, and it's never taken this long for them to ship out on my previous orders, usually same day ship. 

Idk if a rep or someone from them is on this forum but if so maybe they can pass it up or let me at least know what's going on. Also just an FYI for anyone wanting to purchase through them. *end rant* lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess a little update here: 

To piggy back on the CPP ordeal, I received my package (2 of 3) item Friday at 1530 right as I was leaving the shop. After all that with no means of reasonable communication, doesn't make since but whatever. 

Got my new dash installed- see pics, went way easier than I was anticipating, color difference is there but not super noticeable one pic shows it pretty good I believe, got my new bezel installed and new power/heated tow mirrors installed -parts truck had a mirror switch, and a new blower motor resistor... 

LMC- Dash $250

Geno's- Bezel $85

CPP*- Mirrors $130 

Gonna pull CTM and heater controller from donor truck today or Monday.

Then need to replace rear pinion seal and tailshaft seal on transfercase. @Silverwolf2691 the weep hole was in the 4-5 o'clock position :duh: but good news is I have 2 extra ones laying in the shop... I'll have to decipher which seal to get on the pinion. I forget who posted it but a member on here had a decent post on pinion seals here I read and had the seal options. I attached pics of my rear end (no pun intended) for reference- any help is appreciated.

I also got to start working on re-upholstering my door panels and center console. I hate not having these...

20210703_105433.jpg

20210704_131518.jpg

20210704_131534.jpg

20210704_131549.jpg

20210704_131635.jpg

20210704_131659.jpg

20210704_131745.jpg

20210704_131855.jpg

20210704_131934.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I take it that the Geno’s dash bezel is not a slip over but a full replacement? 

Yes, sure is. Full replacement with clips- doesn't come with vents though. Love Geno's, all kinds of good things to say about them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Vent pieces can easily be popped out and traded to the new bezel. I found this power washing mine last year.

Flying debris...... oh wait I need that:lmao:

• Haha 1

• Staff
On 7/5/2021 at 10:55 AM, Stanley said:

Flying debris...... oh wait I need that:lmao:

''Jag1, can you come over with yer metal detector?" Sure Boss! What do ya mean check it out all around at 35 feet away :punish:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2021 at 11:29 AM, Stanley said:

Got my new dash installed- see pics, went way easier than I was anticipating, color difference is there but not super noticeable one pic shows it pretty good I believe, got my new bezel installed and new power/heated tow mirrors installed -parts truck had a mirror switch, and a new blower motor resistor... 

Wow the dash looks great. I've been happy with my dash mat for years, but if it's an easy swap I might be tempted. I always assumed there would be hidden fasteners or a bunch of other stuff would have to come out first.

@sleezy it's not hard at all. Just take your time and be gentle, it's still all plastic lol. By taking the ducting off and securing it to the dash before install is almost a must, I'd say. I actually positioned my steering wheel where it would be flat against the seat and sort of wedged it down further in front of the seat to get what ever room I could. Remember where all your little screws go so you don't have any rattles etc... There's a whole bunch of those little beesterdz...

13 hours ago, Stanley said:

@sleezy it's not hard at all. Just take your time and be gentle, it's still all plastic lol. By taking the ducting off and securing it to the dash before install is almost a must, I'd say. I actually positioned my steering wheel where it would be flat against the seat and sort of wedged it down further in front of the seat to get what ever room I could. Remember where all your little screws go so you don't have any rattles etc... There's a whole bunch of those little beesterdz...

-sigh- all right, I'll add it to the list, I guess...

It's a Cummins... how would you ever know if there are rattles in the dash?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Also, if the new dash comes with screws, use those, not the ones you took out. The LMC one had new screws and I almost blew the mounting boss open trying to tighten an old screw in. New holes were smaller. 

Same here