• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2012 Range Rover...... not foreign to me but a right POS

wil440

3 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

This is probably covered in the Mopar Dodge Chrysler forum.

:( 

my truck isn't allowed into certain cities without a penalty, London is one, Birmingham also and growing fast, Nottingham, Derby, petrol/gas to you guys isn't affected as yet, Gas (our gas/propane) no restrictions yet and 1/2 the cost of petrol, going to be a fine line on when my 24v gets sold before it is no longer drivable on our roads I need to judge max price before worthless

• Sad 1

"going to be a fine line on when my 24v gets sold before it is no longer drivable on our roads I need to judge max price before worthless"

Dont let a scrap yard end up with it.

5.9's Going for big $$ on farm/industrial applications?  

• Staff
5 hours ago, wil440 said:

my truck isn't allowed into certain cities without a penalty, London is one, Birmingham also and growing fast, Nottingham, Derby, petrol/gas to you guys isn't affected as yet, Gas (our gas/propane) no restrictions yet and 1/2 the cost of petrol, going to be a fine line on when my 24v gets sold before it is no longer drivable on our roads I need to judge max price before worthless

So no diesels in bigger cities? If true, what is their reasoning? :shrug: 

Just for fun... it may help if you have a small label on the exhaust tip, 'kills Corona'!

Edited by JAG1

I remember not long ago I was saying diesel day's are numbered, and had a few that were so sure it won't be in their life time. Well I've seen the writing on the wall a while ago and believe these bastards are moving forward at exponential rate to push their bs on us. Time will tell but I'm afraid it's running short. :2cents:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAG1 said:

So no diesels in bigger cities? If true, what is their reasoning?  

Just for fun... it may help if you have a small label on the exhaust tip, 'kills Corona'!

Right now you have to pay a charge to enter the city, unless the car is low emissions. people who live in the clean air areas pay every day or change their car. It is getting worse and fast. Sure I read that the UK is banning  sales of new petrol and diesel vehicles maybe by 2025. Also banning the sale of LPG gas boilers for homes in 2025 too 

Way more on it's way I'm sure and the only consequences of less vehicles using petrol and diesel is higher prices for fuel so you end up priced off the road. Our fuel just got a bigger % of bio too

• Thanks 1

• Staff

Wow, they going overboard. What are people to do when electricity prices goes crazy with not enough to go around?

You know throughout history long term droughts and famine happened when folks turned from God. Has happened many times in the past and the rains and the healing came back when folks returned to our loving God and renewing their faith and treated each other as He commands. We are seeing an epic drought in the west with the worse possible fire conditions developing. I hope everyone knows and learns how to pray because America needs to water their faith again, stop all the contention and aggression toward one another.

Edited by JAG1

On 6/20/2021 at 9:04 PM, 015point9 said:

"going to be a fine line on when my 24v gets sold before it is no longer drivable on our roads I need to judge max price before worthless"

Dont let a scrap yard end up with it.

5.9's Going for big $$ on farm/industrial applications?  

It won't ever go for scrap, I'd rather build a man cave/bar out of 2 shipping containers and use it as a table

On 6/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, JAG1 said:

Wow, they going overboard. What are people to do when electricity prices goes crazy with not enough to go around?

They say here we'll never power the amount of electric vehicles we need as the grid just isn't up to it

On the subject of foreign rubbish

Yesterday I had a phone call from my son, Peugeot Boxer 3.5t tipper he's a landscaper/builder, thing in limp mode, got it back here and dropped the Modis on it, Injector number 5 (DPF injector) relay think the code was PB15E..... all the info I could find was as per usual vague and obviously written by people that don't have a clue.

Found one piece that said to check fuses in the engine bay fuse box, guess what..... the fuse box lid DOES NOT come off until the passenger side headlight is removed and you can't get that off unto 2 peices of plastic trim are removed which is held on by clips that you cannot see or get to.

Now you might say that thats modern vehicles for you....  but France  where this thing was made has a law that you have to carry spare fuses and relays in the car at all times therefore you would presume that the police are hot as mustard on electrical stuff not working, not much point really if you can't get the lid off of the stupid fuse box.

No fuses blown for the injector vapourizer heater, all relays checked ok, thing is there is no  ID on the fuse box lids (there are 3) to tell you what fuse does what.

One fuse box is in the B pillar R/H/S just to the rear of the driver, they decided to mount the hand brake lever there instead of in the middle of the seast where every other vehicle here has it, the lever is 1/2" from the front of the fuse box so that lid needs Houdini to remove it and to top it off when you get out of the thing this lever catches the seam of your back trouser pocket and tries to face plant you into the tarmac, I really do hate this vehicle

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just consider every jet flying in the ski produces more CO2 than any diesel vehicle. Heck a good forest fire creates more CO2 in one hour than my diesel truck will in its life time. Just DemonRats throwing global warming at all of us.

there is also one bigger contributor that is greater than all transport put together...... Fact.....  Methane and I'll let you guys figure out where that comes from, but hey Lets just beat on the guy in the car cos we're just the dumb stupids that can be taxed to death, can't possibly tax a farmer FFS

• Like 1

• Staff

Gov't cannot afford an increase in interest rates with the huge debt since they don't take in enough income to cover it so now they thinking big taxation. Then inflation running at risk due to low interest rates whittles our 401 K down. What's next? We need a smart Business Man running the show.

Building departments raised building permit fees to very expensive heights together with property tax assessments higher so now you have increased rents sending folks to the homeless camps. Gov't cannot do their job correctly, do not want to work at it. They take but, never reciprocate. convolute everything bass ackwards.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Well my dumb brother just bought another Range Rover ah well horse to water and all that

On a sort of side note the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan  (don't ask) has just increased the clean air zone around London to this https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone

Just a money grab but gaining momentum here not made any better by the hobbit schoolgirl 

• Sad 1

• Staff

Thanks for sharing will440 it's an interesting angle your local government came up with. What will they think of next?

''POS'' as you say must mean something pretty derogatory as you guys use that a lot when describing something you dislike. :)

Edited by JAG1

53 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Thanks for sharing will440 it's an interesting angle your local government came up with. What will they think of next?

''POS'' as you say must mean something pretty derogatory as you guys use that a lot when describing something you dislike. :)

That's not local government It's London government. 125miles from me and in the UK thats far enough to not worry about for now

London has changed and for the worst, anyone visiting the UK just don't bother it's really not worth it, the mayor has a agenda, I'll say no more

As for POS    you must get that    Piece   Of    S###       It amazes me how much you guys pay for Range Rovers and Land Rovers  they really are rubbish

On 6/10/2021 at 3:21 PM, IBMobile said:

Do it, just drill the hole or punch it through the firewall (bulkhead).   In the late 70's and early 80's The camshaft lobs and rocker arms were going flat in the Volvo B27 V-6 engine due to lack of oiling between them.   The easiest way to replace the cam shaft and rocker arms was to slid the shaft the rock arms road on to the firewall, mark where the shaft made contact,  drill a hole there. and finish by sliding the shaft through the hole into the passenger compartment.  Next was to slide the cam shaft to the firewall and drill another bigger hole for for it to slide through then I'd go to the other side of the engine and do the same thing there.   

Yep, been there, done that.

24 minutes ago, wil440 said:

That's not local government It's London government. 125miles from me and in the UK thats far enough to not worry about for now

London has changed and for the worst, anyone visiting the UK just don't bother it's really not worth it, the mayor has a agenda, I'll say no more

As for POS    you must get that    Piece   Of    S###       It amazes me how much you guys pay for Range Rovers and Land Rovers  they really are rubbish

I have heard this many times about RR/LR.

I have always said, never buy an expensive luxury car, lease them. That way you always have an out. Never ever own one out of warranty.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Max Tune said:

Yep, been there, done that.

I have heard this many times about RR/LR.

I have always said, never buy an expensive luxury car, lease them. That way you always have an out. Never ever own one out of warranty.

bang on, I lease a 2020 Volvo XC40 hybrid for my wife  you really would not want to buy it, great car but out of warranty it would be an ouch, 3 cylinder 1500cc turbo petrol with a 80hp electric motor and it just goes and fast, it has a range of about 24 miles on battery wife does about 10 miles a day when she uses it, plug it in to recharge and it sounds like R2D2 chirping and chipping away, got it for 4 years then gone 

• Staff
1 hour ago, wil440 said:

bang on, I lease a 2020 Volvo XC40 hybrid for my wife  you really would not want to buy it, great car but out of warranty it would be an ouch, 3 cylinder 1500cc turbo petrol with a 80hp electric motor and it just goes and fast, it has a range of about 24 miles on battery wife does about 10 miles a day when she uses it, plug it in to recharge and it sounds like R2D2 chirping and chipping away, got it for 4 years then gone 

so the idea is to save the environment by not polluting yet in 4 years you got another POS :lmao:that goes into the junk pile. Good one :think:

I got a thought the other day about all the droughts and floods, that things are out of balance with the weather anyway. So this CO2 emissions that are supposed to be excessive and causing problems, could it mean that the water molecule cannot bond with hydrogen to make H2O, badly needed rain??? Mainly because the Oxygen molecule gets bonded to the carbon molecule during combustion and isn't free to become water?? I wonder if this aspect has been considered instead of the greenhouse effect that CO2 is resposible for.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
3 hours ago, wil440 said:

Just a money grab but gaining momentum here not made any better by the hobbit schoolgir

Same thing here.  In California we pay the highest gas tax and fees at $1.19 per gallon and now the local county government wants to charge 4-6 cents a mile use tax and increase the sales tax 1.5% over the next 3 years to fund their mass transit.  Yes, they want us out of our vehicles.

Who's the Hobbit schoolgirl? 

3 hours ago, wil440 said:

You should get all of your diesel buddies together, load up your truck beds with containers of tea, form a caravan through London, and dump all the containers in the River Thames. I’ve read something similar happened over here a few years ago, near Boston I believe? Seemed to work for them. As far as Rovers go, I put them in the same category as BMW, Audi, and Benz. They’re beautiful machines and have some incredible qualities, but fail miserably at being reliable. Years ago I decided to buy a car (sedan) because I was traveling so much for work. Test drove all the big body luxury sedans and ended up buying my least favorite, the Lexus LS460. The BMW 7 series crushed it in every way except 1.) reliability and 2.)ride comfort driving in a straight line on the interstate. 12 years and 142K later, nothing but oil changes, and is perfect. Also, 6 months ago Lexus replaced my interior on a good will recall that I didn’t even know about. The rep proactively reached out and offered it. 

Edited by Andyba20

2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Who's the Hobbit schoolgirl? 

Greta Garbage (Thunberg)    she must have been in your news surely

was at Cop26 protesting was over in the USA last year I think..... does jack other than protesting and spouting the end is nigh but flies all over the world

We also have another bunch of nutters called extintion rebellion, these fools have been supergluing themselves to the roads in a protest to force the UK government to insulate every house in the UK for ....get this FOR  FREE....  best bit is the leader is barely able to string a sentence together  and his house is NOT insulated they have bought London and the south to a standstill even stopping people getting to hospital and causing at least one death they are now targeting cities further north

2 hours ago, Andyba20 said:

Test drove all the big body luxury sedans and ended up buying my least favorite, the Lexus LS460.

Here a Lexus is high end and being as a lot here dislike the EU right now my guess is Lexus and other none EU cars will benefit