• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Legacy Subscription plans

I wonder if creating a separate area where new unsubscribed prospective members with problems with their trucks could post and get a set amount of answers say one or two return posts but are not allowed to post themselves, a bit like the OP in the garage area

Just enough help to make them realise they cannot afford NOT to subscribe

• Owner
8 hours ago, wil440 said:

I wonder if creating a separate area where new unsubscribed prospective members with problems with their trucks could post and get a set amount of answers say one or two return posts but are not allowed to post themselves, a bit like the OP in the garage area

Just enough help to make them realise they cannot afford NOT to subscribe

Sorry that isn't possible. Once you allow posting the first time it remains open for more posting replies or new threads. Now on that points system it might be possible. But I'd have to buy the software and experiment with it and see if I can pre load a new account with enough point to post once. Then when the points ran out it would lock.

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Sorry that isn't possible. Once you allow posting the first time it remains open for more posting replies or new threads. Now on that points system it might be possible. But I'd have to buy the software and experiment with it and see if I can pre load a new account with enough point to post once. Then when the points ran out it would lock.

Ok and I take it there is no one that could do this manually, not saying yourself just someone tasked with drawing in more subscribers

• Owner
4 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Is there still any sort of trial membership? Or would it not be worth the trouble if some do a trial, get their answers then never return?

That is what happens. They come in and get their answer and bail for the free shot. How many mechanics do you know give free diagnostic and do the first repair for free? Last time I checked they still charge $120 for even just plug in OBDII reader and takes less than 5 minutes.

• Staff
24 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That is what happens. They come in and get their answer and bail for the free shot. How many mechanics do you know give free diagnostic and do the first repair for free? Last time I checked they still charge $120 for even just plug in OBDII reader and takes less than 5 minutes.

True. I was just thinking outloud so to speak. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Yup I get it. There is limitations with the Invision Community Software so you have to find a plugin or add on software to gain the functionality. I've always liked the points system type plugin or add on being you could pay to play design or reward for doing certain functions. I've used a version of this back on vBulletin software back in 2007 or so. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Mopar1973Man Have the article sections been locked for non-members now? 

Article section has nothing to show-

I havent got around to re-up yet, getting funds re-organized and alotted for the year, so just curious in the time being...

Edited by Stanley

• Staff
On 12/18/2021 at 9:19 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

If it gets too much thinner I'll just have to shut down. Like I just had this conversation with @JAG1about getting new staff to fill in the shoes of the guys that just left. Then get people that want to pro-active and help the site grow. Like back a few years ago I tried to shut down M73M because I was sick and tired of doing so much and not get even the bills paid for the site. This was because of the donation system was range of prices but very few actually did donate. Roughly 0.5% of membership pool was donating. Not even covering bills then hoping that people would kick to keep it alive. Everyone pooled together because they didn't want to lose the resource. Great but now after 5 to 6 years here I'm back to the same problem once again. No one left to help with the site, Bills barely getting paid most times and no one wanting to help out on the site. Again I'm trying to do what I can with my free time to keep the website going. This is why the subscription system was started so if you wanted support it would guarantee that I would get paid for my efforts. Now we got people that want to lock in at the older prices again that was discussed and need to be raised to $10 a month to cover bills. This means I've got to shut down those legacy accounts and one by one find out if they will renew on the new system.

Mike, if you need another staff member to help lighten the load on your shoulders, I'd be happy to help out. I'm the Webmaster of the www.tpctrikes.com website, and an Admin of its forums. We use Vbulletin software over there, and I have it locked down enough, that I don't get very many spam accounts joining the site. I still look up new malicious looking new accounts and verify their email and IP addresses are not on the spammer database list, and if they are, I block their IP from trying to join the forums, and block their email accounts as well.

I just signed up on the new monthly plan, so that's one less legacy account you have to worry about :)

Doug

Edited by 01_Cummins_4x4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

Come on guys and gals its time to move over to the newer plans. There is 42 of you left to move over I'm going to mass email again and see if I can get the rest of you moved. I want this done by the end of February.

MASS EMAIL sent to all members in the older Silver, Gold or platinum plans. 

Hello, {member_name}

I'm emailing you to inform you that you need to you CANCEL your current subscription plan and move over to the new pricing system. This has all been changed over back a year ago the system allowed people to renew on the old plan which doesn't cover the bills being the price is too low. I want to have all members moved by the end of February 2022 which is less than one month away.

All you need to do is cancel your current plan and renew on the new monthly, quarterly, or yearly plans. That's all there is to it. 

If there is any problem or you can figure out how to cancel your current subscription, please reach out to me and call me at 208-315-1470 and I'll assist you on the move over to the new price plan. 

Michael S, Nelson

Mopar1973Man.Com

(208) 315-1470

support@mopar1973man.com

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1