• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New theme for Mopar1973Man

Doubletrouble

• Staff

Props to @Mopar1973Man, I like the new theme on the site, digging the new colors too! I find it easier to read and like some of the new features as well. Has anyone noticed the spider web in the top left? Kinda cool for the season! 

Great job! 

I'm sure Mike will be along and explain in more detail what the new features are. 

So far I'm impressed.

• Owner

Well this theme is a purchased theme has been coded by a group called IPSFocus. Now there are a few features you can find a a member, just on the desktop it looks like a slider switch in the upper right corner near your name. On mobile is next to the 3 bar icon on the left. Now this will allow you to select different banners that scroll by. Currently I made on for from Beast Photos but in needs to be about 1,500 to 2,000 px long to fill wide screens properly and no higher than 240 px. I've got the ability to have 10 different banners scrolling by. Could be random or member selected. Yes I've got a Halloween, Christmas, Nears, and few other visual features. Nice part for me finally I don't have to hand code all the extras in this is all handled by IPSFocus.

I might be really close to getting the store back open very soon. Be patient I've got to make a few phone calls and talk to another software company about set up and see if I can get the functions I require. I really would hate to set up 2 new apps on the server to find out that its still doesn't work. I know there are people asking about high idle kits, the risk is way too high, being its nearly 100% price jump in cables now meaning they would be closer to $300 a unit. I'm just not willing to make a $7,000 gamble that I might sell a few units at $300 a shot.

There is other features brought into the software which I'll be setting up. I'm also going to show how to properly use the Garage area so you get the most bang for your effort. You'll notice a Elite Articles now shows up but empty. This is going to be the new Article Database for Member Only. Now I know that if I only make articles in the Elite side only Google will not find them. This means I have to produce a simple article on the old database, that point to complete article on the members only side. Yeah this will take more effort to produce being the members side is easy I don't have to worry about search engine SEO but just quality of info. The Free side has to have the SEO but not all the info to do the job that points back to Elite side. I've had so many folks tell me I'm very knowledgeable but I just can't afford to keep giving away my knowledge and skills for nothing. Hence the changes in the website.

• Staff
On 10/29/2022 at 5:30 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

The old theme is still up and loaded yet. Just go to the bottom of any page and click on THEME and it will allow the old Mopar theme.

I have decided I like the old theme better Mike, after going back and seeing the old this morning. It's easier on eyes and feels normal, like not hiding in a dark closet LOL!

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner

Problem is that 82% of user are on Smart Phones. The darker theme is less draining on batteries and better visual effect on a smart phone. There is only 16% of members using a desktop computer so I've got to lean towards the direction of the majority of users. Then as for that 82% of mobile users 62% are iPhone users which tend to eat battery power more so that like my Samsung (which is only 1%) of the pool. Yeah I've got to look toward what is used more so that what I personally like... So trying to design around majority of members and what they use. 

image.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man