• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm always a little leery of information from someone that has everything to gain from selling more of something. But I'm no engineer, just a guy with several cars with 250-350K miles on them, all with great compression and oil pressure. I've known several trucks that weren't warmed up and they are weak as can be. Just my preference, like I said each to their own. But what the high idle does is add a little load to the engine to help warm it up without requiring it to carry the weight of the truck.:thumbup2:

what i did today and what is said here is true/cool....went to start truck after work and on my att. monitor i selected the "load%" for one of the parameters to monitor...flipped the switch to high idle and the % went to 13% and then i flipped the switch down to 3 cyl. and the load % went to 30%...cool huh!!!:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

I need a bit of info. I had the High idle flash TSB originally done at the dealer, and worked fine. ( also hav high idle fooler) I was running the S03 with REVO S03V126CDR12A.7z on standard settings and caTcher on SW#3. Again High Idle worked fine. I made an update to SW#5 but decided to go back to #3. After doing this the High Idle feature quit working? I reflashed my SO3 with SmtEV1_22D207A.7z and the feature started working again on the stock setting. When I added in the caTacher SW#3 the high idle feature stopped working again? Is this normal, or is my file corrupt?

I need a bit of info. I had the High idle flash TSB originally done at the dealer, and worked fine. ( also hav high idle fooler) I was running the S03 with REVO S03V126CDR12A.7z on standard settings and caTcher on SW#3. Again High Idle worked fine. I made an update to SW#5 but decided to go back to #3. After doing this the High Idle feature quit working? I reflashed my SO3 with SmtEV1_22D207A.7z and the feature started working again on the stock setting. When I added in the caTacher SW#3 the high idle feature stopped working again? Is this normal, or is my file corrupt?

I didn't have any problems when I had the Smarty in my truck for a little while, but white01 had a problem that when he returned his truck back to stock (to loan me the Smarty), it turned off his high idle. Sounds like something that Bob Wagner could answer for you.:thumbup2:

Foolers are nice becuase you can trip the 6cyl fast idle for extended idling, or during periods of high amp draw, or to cool the motor quicker. I use the OE fast idle on my truck all the time.

Thats exactly why I bought mine :thumbup2: last year I had a snow storm that we had to standby for 29 hrs straight, all I did was put my foot on the pedal every hour or so for 15 minutes but thats becoming real annoying.

Yep next week highs in single digits all week, I just broke down and replaced my OEM batteries in my 02 a couple days ago as I could tell theyn were getting weak in the cold. Heard my High idle kick in a few days ago for the first time but mine sits plugged in most of the time when it gets this cold as I never know when I need to run out. At work we have electrical posts at every parking spot and so it sits plugged in all day there also, Its nice working right next door to an electric generating power plant.:tongue:

• Staff

I was just thinking how nice it will be to jump in the Jetta with heated seats, and have the enigne at operating temp in 2 miles, not 8!Took an amazing amount of time last year for my truck to get hot when it was single digits, thats with a full winter front and a block heater. But there isn't much heat being created when your just cruising on flat ground at 45-50.

I was just thinking how nice it will be to jump in the Jetta with heated seats, and have the enigne at operating temp in 2 miles, not 8! Took an amazing amount of time last year for my truck to get hot when it was single digits, thats with a full winter front and a block heater. But there isn't much heat being created when your just cruising on flat ground at 45-50.

I have a TDI heater on my wifes VW, They are a circulating tank heater about 2 times the size it needs to be realistically, but it pretty much keeps the entire cooling system at about 180 degrees. There is hot air at the vents even at -20 when you first start it.:thumbup2:

You guys should consider yourself lucky. I have no fan, cold winter front, and when it is cold out it takes 20+ miles to get it to the point of opening the tstat. I have even watched it take 30+ miles on some colder days. I have a temp gauge in the heater core line and then the stock one and they both show the same thing so it really is just that hard to heat the thing up. If I start it and sit there idling, it takes half an hour to get it to 140. After watching that I don't even wait, I start it and drive.

Thats just amazing. Even with my hi-flow cam (more cold air in, more hot air out) and coolant filter circulating coolant before the thermostat opens I don't take that long to open.

I don't know what it is but I should video tape it. I don't know where all the heat goes, my EGT's are never high either.

I noticed the CR service trucks we drove heated up fast. John's 01' did too. Mine's broke I guess :lol:

My 02 warms up fast in the summer and is fairly good when cold also I think the extra fuel helps out a lot, but my 05 takes about 10-20 miles to get up to temp summer or winter.