• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1.000.000 Miles Yet???

I was curious so I started putting a spreadsheet together, figured I would show you guys what I came up with.

Posted Image

I downloaded the U.S. diesel prices and have them for every month back to 1994, I averaged from January 2001 to now and came to that price. The average MPG and MPH are what I have gathered from reading Caj's posts and what Mike has told me.

If you look at the total fuel cost and add up truck cost/repairs/maintenance (oil changes), I am betting he has $250k in it :thud:

I am going to reach 1 million on Sunday. I am pretty excited. I like the graph but there is not way I averaged 13.5. 11 or 12 would make more sense. I am leaning toward 11.

Alright I fixed it. That changed the prices a lot :lol:

Based on ISX's figure of average 55 mph the engine will have a min of 18000 hrs. :thumb1:

Theres another post somewhere on the forum where Caj said he let it idle overnight a lot. So I'm betting into the 20,000 range.

Theres another post somewhere on the forum where Caj said he let it idle overnight a lot. So I'm betting into the 20,000 range.

A lot is putting it mildly. Sometimes it runs for a week at a time. I don't turn it off once it is started. Sometimes in spring and fall I turn it off at night if the weather is nice.

It's got some life left in her!Where's the event taking place? I'm running back up from Virginia Beach myself now, stopped for the night at the Allentown plaza on 476. I hate this road... Rolled over all of 275k today :) - and somehow got 17.3mpg! Wish I ran coastal flatland at 55 more often. Had to make sure my trailer was still back there....