• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I purchased a new set of wipers for the snow that was expected for today. The ones that were on there were really bad and hardly took anything off. I got a few wipes out of the passenger side one and starts to smear the ice all over the window at the end closer to the mirror. Drivers side is okay but, was beginning to smear the ice just as I was getting closer to home. Suckiest wipers I've ever purchased! Do Not buy Anco wipers, as you will find yourself being the wiper. :mad::mad::mad:

• Like 1

I got cheap NAPA ones and they are just about 1 year old... Getting rather streaky with water or snow...

One thing I really like about the ICONs is they don't freeze up like the regular ones do so when driving in snow and freezing rain, it makes it a lot nicer!!:hyper:

summer care is by far the most important for wipers, it seems that they dry out and crack around that time so spraying them down and keeping them clean regularly should be of utmost importance.

spray them down? with what? I have a little concern with using aformentioned silicone spray on a wiper/window..

spray them down? with what? I have a little concern with using aformentioned silicone spray on a wiper/window..

rubber cleaner/reconditioner. as long as you wipe them down afterwards it will not cause any issues with wiping. you just need to revitalize the rubber itself, wipe off the excess.

rubber cleaner/reconditioner. as long as you wipe them down afterwards it will not cause any issues with wiping. you just need to revitalize the rubber itself, wipe off the excess.

I've even found that Windex seems to help too. It kinda cleans the dirt off and so far so good. Not sure if there is any science behind that but silicone helps as well.:thumb1:

To clean the wipers the trico exact fit wipers came with a little packet with a wet wipe soaked in rubbing alcohol this cleans the wipers great also sometimes the windshield gets a buildup of wax and road spray you can't see so you need to buff the windshield, what works the best is take a fine steel wool and lightly moisten the windshield and just buff it like you would wax the paint it works great.

To clean the wipers the trico exact fit wipers came with a little packet with a wet wipe soaked in rubbing alcohol this cleans the wipers great also sometimes the windshield gets a buildup of wax and road spray you can't see so you need to buff the windshield, what works the best is take a fine steel wool and lightly moisten the windshield and just buff it like you would wax the paint it works great.

I've never heard about using steel wool, that's getting mighty fancy there!:lol: Probably work I bet though and thanks for the tip.:thumb1: