• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
jlwelding

Door Dinger

:lmao2::lmao: If you find the box under the dash you could take some silcone put a blob on the speaker opening. Then it would be muffled. But if you deside you want the dinger then all you got to do is peel the silcone off the speaker grill.

hmm would the dinger be a part of the CTM on my 96? because I don't seem to have one and my wipers are really unpredictable, and the timed delay function doesn't work.

I just read thru my owners manual on all of the programmable features and couldn't find the optin to disable the "key-in-ignition reminder.. if you can find out how please let us know!

You don't... It part of the Central Timer Module (CTM) under the dash... If you unplug it you lose a bunch of stuff like wipers, etc...

How does Mike know so darn much?:mad: Wish I could get like that :cry: He probably studies the trucks wiring schematic every night till 2 am :lol:

i was wondering because they make a tool to shut it up, for when you have to have the door open to work on it.

Mike had the wiring diagrams embroidered on hie pillow cases.:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lol:

It's a risky habit that I have... leaving the key in while I'm in & out of the truck nearby. What I do is pull the key half out of the switch. The Ding stops. However, you run the risk of locking yourself out of the truck by accident. I did so pumping fuel a couple of town away from home. You know how my legs are bad, I must have bumped the door button getting out. Some people, smarter than me, carry a spare key in their wallet. I have a hidden key... I drilled out to 1/4" the round hole on a duplicate all metal key. I removed a license plate... taped the key to the back. Screwed the plate back on with straight slot screws. It does not show with the plate inplace... and I used really long screws (anybody who wants to unscrew my plate is going to be there a very long time). The day I locked myself out... I could have borrowed a straight screw driver or I used a quarter to unscrew the plate fully, get the door open & put the plate back. I try to remember to hit the power unlocks to unlock both sides before getting out to pump fuel.It had been a long time since I was locked out of a vehicle. There was something rattling around in the trunk of my RoadRunner... I fixed the rattle & as I was slamming the trunk I realized the key was in there. I stood out in the falling snow for 2 hours before my Dad got home from the airport, picking up my sister... in those days before cell phones.

I locked my self out a couple years a go. When i realized what I had done I look in the window and sitting on the console is my fulll set of keys and my spare was laying beside them.:doh: I had just taken it out of my wallet moments before to retrieve something and lexft it there on the console. I ususally try to always lock the truck with my fob and nothing else, but some days are better than others,

Well, I know I did not intentinally lock the truck. More like I couldn't open the door fully because of the supports for the fuel bay roof... I "must have" bumped the mechanical button while trying not to fall on the concrete.

I dont think I did either that day and did not mean to insinuate you did either. I am pretty sure it hit the button by accident. I did it 2 weeks ago while fixing fuel leaks, luckily the window was cracked open. Stuff happens.