• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi everyone. I had guages installed about a month ago. They are fuel pressure, exhaust temp, and boost. The shop I took the truck to mounted the system to check fuel pressure on the top of my fuel filter housing. I have heard that some people have done this but what I wanted to know is it pretty accurate to have in this spot? I am running about 10psi at idle according to the gauge and I am installing an AirDog100 this next week but wanted to make sure it was right. Thank you!

I installed the AD100 this past summer. I am happy with it and am running pressure in the ranges that Mike stated above. However, I did install the higher pressure spring (17 PSI) they supply with the Air Dog. (be sure you get one with your pump) A word to the wise, it is much easier to install that 17 PSI spring on the workbench, rather than under the truck after you realize that 15 PSI isn't good enough. That diesel fuel shower one gets is just priceless, when you unhook the lines for the first time without pinching off the fuel line upstream to stop the flow. Oh what a video that would have made. Wifey just loves the smell at the dinner table...and the bathroom and the, well you get the picture.

• Like 1

• Staff

I'm just after the stock filter housing in the hose going to the VP44... 7 years and still going strong! But you 10 PSI at idle is seriously low and should be bumped up... Idle should be around 15-19 PSI... Wot should be 10-14 PSI...

What should the fuel pressure be if there are no fluctuations between idling and WOT? TIA

There will be fluctuations do to fuel demand from the engine. My Air Dog 100 is putting out 18 psi at idle and 14-15 psi at wide open throttle. Mopar Man has a video on here somewhere to demonstrate this. It shows him driving his truck with camera is on his fuel pres. gauge while under load and idling.

• Like 1