• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The only reason I hold tight to the SGII because I'm on the waiting list for... http://www.pureenergysystems.com/store/ScanGauge/USB.htm But I'm not sure if it continued for production or not... :rolleyes:

I highly doubt I would need that anyway. . . :shrug: Anybody know anything about the longevity of an UltraGauge compared to a ScanGauge? They both read codes, and they both monitor the same components, so I guess the best thing to do is go the cheaper route? :shrug:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been thinking about getting one for my truck, but I already am plugged in to the obd port with my edge juice with attitude monitor. If I use a splitter so I can have both plugged in could that cause any issues that might harm the ecm? Thanks ahead of time, GB

What are you using the attitude to monitor via obd? The SG2 most likely will monitor the same things. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Rogan,I just checked my truck and realized that my question is irrelevant. The edge attitude does not plug into the obd, it plugs into the data link in the engine compartment; its been awhile since the install, must of got it confused with my other car that has the SGII in it. Sorry 'bout that. Just a delirious rambling while on midnight shift...GB

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone tell me what u can actually monitor with the SG2...i have a obd2 device that plugs into my laptop, but found 90% of softwares i've tried to be lacking. it seemed that the ecm(on my 99 ram) doesn't send a ton of info to the device. i know some of the problem was the PIDs not being normal because most softwares were great on other vehicles. what parameters can actually be monitored on our trucks with this devise? can it red codes stored in the PCM or ABS systems or only the ECM? thx for the help.

can anyone tell me what u can actually monitor with the SG2...i have a obd2 device that plugs into my laptop, but found 90% of softwares i've tried to be lacking. it seemed that the ecm(on my 99 ram) doesn't send a ton of info to the device. i know some of the problem was the PIDs not being normal because most softwares were great on other vehicles. what parameters can actually be monitored on our trucks with this devise? can it red codes stored in the PCM or ABS systems or only the ECM? thx for the help.

[ATTACH]5959[/ATTACH] Hi, I attached the manual. My Scangauge is still in updating mode - I am waiting for the 3rd and 4th fill up to see if it really works. Look for Scangauge in the "General Vehicles Discussion" section. Remember to select Diesel A!

SGII-UM-601.pdf