• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gosh It's Hot!!!!!!!

OK guys, I've had enough of this weather already!!!!! It ain't even "mid-summer" yet!!!!:duh::ahhh:It's been hot here since the Memorial Day weekend.......give or take a few days in there. This past weekend, my retriever club had our regular hunt test..........it was miserably hot. I hate running dogs in that weather. :pant:However; since last week Thursday, we've been over 95* everyday since. Monday thru today at my house have been over 100*.........with little or no wind!!!!!! Tuesday hit 103.5 on my digital thermometer, yesterday, 106.7 and todays temp is what you see in my pix as of 12:40PM on Thursday!!!!:pant: It'll be at least what yesterday was. The round thermometer is on my East facing deck and it's not in the sun, but catching all the radiating and reflecting heat off my deck!!!!:stuned:I'll take -20* over this crap any day!!!!:thumbup2::2cents:

post-7-138698189662_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698189669_thumb.jpg

OK, at 3:50PM, here's the picture. Sorry for the crappy pic, but I didn't want to touch the thermometer and skew the reading. I took 4 pix, and this was the best. I think you can see 110 in the middle display!!!:pant::duh::banghead:This really sucks!!:2cents::smart:

post-7-138698189701_thumb.jpg

Between 0*F and 32*F I'm happy... T Shirt and jeans weather. Below 0*F its time to get out the winter clothes... Anything above 60*F is hot and its time for shorts and a tank top. 100*F+ weather its time to go hide in the river or basement of the house. :whistle:

AMEN TO THAT! :thumbup2:

BRING ON THE HEAT! Been 100+ for weeks now. I love going to work at 5 or 6am or whenever and it being a perfect 80*, windows down...so nice, especially last week when i was being sent to a place 45 min away, I always left early and took the scenic route. Only bad thing is I work next to this cooling tower and its so hot by 10am that it's hard not to jump in, but I don't mind the scorching heat. I hate the cold, I would move to death valley in an instant. Actualllly I video taped that cooling tower.

http://youtu.be/N6heo2Wcp5A

Now you see the temptation..

Between 0*F and 32*F I'm happy... T Shirt and jeans weather. Below 0*F its time to get out the winter clothes... Anything above 60*F is hot and its time for shorts and a tank top. 100*F+ weather its time to go hide in the river or basement of the house. :whistle:

I hear that on the "cold weather" fashion!!!!!:banghead: I'm most comfortable in weather right around 32*!!!!! With no humidity of course!!:2cents:

DANG! Mike, your forecast is showing temps of 104! Its an emergency in my book when the temps start getting into the 80's. Bleh! ISX, whats the cooling tower for?

Ethanol plant. Runs off two 200HP motors. Uh I think I got a pic of the whole contraption. I was standing behind that little shed in the video. That horizontal pipe is some 30" diameter. post-45-138698189715_thumb.jpg

Ethanol plant. Runs off two 200HP motors. Uh I think I got a pic of the whole contraption. I was standing behind that little shed in the video. That horizontal pipe is some 30" diameter. [ATTACH=CONFIG]4241[/ATTACH]

We have 3 smaller versions of your one big cooling tower. I work at a titanium tetrichloride plant and we use them to cool our 3 chlorinators. Chlorinators are like big upright furnaces so to speak. They inject coke ( like fine coal) and titanium ore along with mass amounts of oxygen. Once the temps get up tp about 1800*F they start injecting liquid chlorine and titanium tetrichloride vapors begin forming towards the top of the chlorinator. The vapors are blown out the top through 30" offgas piping and sent to condensation and eventually purification to be converted into a liquid. This liquid is the base for all titanium metals, among other things. ISX, it is VERY tempting to jump in the bottom of those towers on a hot day! Ive thought many times of doing it myself!:evilgrin:

We have 3 smaller versions of your one big cooling tower. I work at a titanium tetrichloride plant and we use them to cool our 3 chlorinators. Chlorinators are like big upright furnaces so to speak. They inject coke ( like fine coal) and titanium ore along with mass amounts of oxygen. Once the temps get up tp about 1800*F they start injecting liquid chlorine and titanium tetrichloride vapors begin forming towards the top of the chlorinator. The vapors are blown out the top through 30" offgas piping and sent to condensation and eventually purification to be converted into a liquid. This liquid is the base for all titanium metals, among other things. ISX, it is VERY tempting to jump in the bottom of those towers on a hot day! Ive thought many times of doing it myself!:evilgrin:

That would be neat to see. I don't know what this one cools, ferminter or something. They do have this one huge oven thing that has a maybe 4ft diameter fun that sucks air in (loud as all get out and will suck you against it if your not careful) and that air feeds this fire, you can see in it through this little peephole and all you see is a huge fireball. No clue what thats for haha.