• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

At home oil checks Lubricheck

• Owner

Check this out gang... http://lubricheck.com/ From the manufacture site...

Lubricheck eliminates the risk of extending your oil changes by allowing you to scientifically analyze your oil quality at any time, providing you immediate results. It also tests for any sudden or unexplained drop in oil quality caused by impurities in the oil system, such as coolant leaks, water, and metal particulates. It's like a 'blood tester' for your vehicle.

My younger brothers pickup has the indicator telling him it's time to change oil. From what I read, this does about the same thing my brothers chevy truck does. This idea has been around a while, it seems right some after market company would come out with this for a few bucks of profit. Still, I'd send in a sample to a place line Blackstone to verify results. But the $25 per sample at Blackstone get you more specific results instead of a 'time to change oil' this gives. If ya send in samples to verify anyway, why have this ?

My younger brothers pickup has the indicator telling him it's time to change oil.

My old '93 F150 w/302 did the same thing, basically. Either the CEL would come on, or the OIL light would.. I can't remember which.. I'd change the oil and viola! Light would go out for another 3-4K mi.

I'm not sure, but I do believe it isn't the same thing. He said it varies when working the truck verses just driving it. It has told him his oil had almost no life left and that's when he changes it. It indicates it by telling him % of life left. He has gone from 7k to 12k for each oil change. Don't ow much about it, I haven't own a GM product for a couple of decades and never kept up with them.I don't know the technical workings of this product, but from what I read, it seems to work the same way.

Years ago, I had a Datzun P/U... the CEL would come on periodically. There was nothing wrong. It just wanted a "trained mechanic" to pop the hood & push the reset button with a skinny screwdriver. It was based solely on mileage.I bought the truck "used" with 310 miles on it due to the owner's untimely death. I drove it 50K miles & sold it for more than I paid for it.

Years ago, I had a Datzun P/U... the CEL would come on periodically. There was nothing wrong. It just wanted a "trained mechanic" to pop the hood & push the reset button with a skinny screwdriver. It was based solely on mileage. I bought the truck "used" with 310 miles on it due to the owner's untimely death. I drove it 50K miles & sold it for more than I paid for it.

It'd seem that's the perfect definition of an "idiot light"!!!! Or better yet "female vehicle owners warning light"!!!!:lmao2::whistle:

• 2 months later...