• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quick question

Mike, I just looked there is a vent comes out right above the starter and hangs down behind it. I guess the dealer when they had it in for a recall did the TSB. I ordered the truck special, I don't guess they would of done this at the factory. Looks like a lot of work otherwise.

I talked to a buddy in Louisana (towhungerford) he told me the 12V tappet covers will fit a 24V block so if you which to just change out the cover and put a old school 12V tappet cover on you can...

I take the 12v tappet cover works just as good for venting without the oily mess of the puke bottle?

yeah the 12v tappet cover is interchangeable and a number of guys run them during a replacemain problem is havent found a decent one cheap and used is always risky on a cover like that - although the gasket is seperate anyway I thinkthinking when I finally pull mine - might just go billet and be done with it....