• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck got stolen this morning.....I'm lost

At 5:30ish this morning some creep stole my Dodge. They hit the ditch up the road from my house in another stolen car and walked here and took my truck. I even had it plugged in for them. I missed them by just a few minutes. Went looking but no luck.....I don't know what to do.....Cops are looking, but I know how these situations turn out.

• Staff

Do you have any pics of the truck.... Description.... anything especially identifiable on the rig? We all can keep an eye out. Although I doubt it would end up in my neck of the USA, but you could put it on all the forums too. I'll look around anyway if I know something to look for.They can put on phoney license plates so we need something that makes it identifiable. This might be a lesson to all of us to have some sort of visible outside modification. Might deter these crooks in the future. I really want a hidden battery switch or a hidden fuel shut off valve. The more the economy goes down the more this stuff will happen.Did you have full coverage on the truck? :pray: Hope they get it back.

So they stole my buddies truck and gooseneck trailer too. He lives about 2 miles from me. But his truck was on empty and the cops found it 2 miles away on a oil lease out of fuel. They tried to get his trailer off and hook my truck up to it but they couldn't get the gooseneck to unlatch. I drove right by that no exit road when I was searching this morning. I'm not sure if I put theft coverage on it, but I don't think I did. I want to vomit right now I'm so sick of this crap. Yes I got to put about 25kms on the new injectors, it was running so good and I was so happy with it. I don't know if I've ever been so depressed in my life. Thanks for all the good wishes guys, I will let you know if there is any updates.

• Staff

I hope you have the ins. coverage. Check your homeowners insurance too.... might be a slight chance it's covered while on your driveway. :pray:Be nice to catch these guys. Need a homing device on the truck.No Pics????

Its no concilation, but I do know how you feel. Had a freshly painted 79 z28 stolen from my work at 9 oclock in the morning about 10 years ago. Parked right outside an open overhead door, there was about 10 of us at the fab shop at the time. We were all in and out of the building, they couldnt have timed it any better. Your right, its enough to make you sick. After a while, the rage sets in. I feel for you bud, I truly am sorry. Its a shame honest people have to pay for the ignorance of trash.

• Owner

Not to hijack your thread but to give information on securing you stuff...Like here in Idaho we always had a low crime rate. Once in awhile a kid from the school will steal cigarettes from the store or something stupid. We'll as the economy has gone down around here and the drug use has gone up. I've gotten worried hence why the locked gate, barbed wire fence, even the hitches of both trailers are locked. Both truck are kept inside the garages locked up (house locked and truck locked). I want to give myself all the time in the world to grab a pistol and let the dog out. Yeah I know it only takes a few seconds to steal a truck. I've got a slim jim in the shop for unlocking vehicle when requested by owners. I can typically pop a Dodge lock in under 60 seconds. So keeping this in mine I want as many barrier between me and the outside world that make my place loock like "Don't bother just too much work to steal something."I'm truly sorry you had to loose a vehicle to some slimly person that has most likely a drug / alcohol habit and is broke so they steal anything and everything to keep the habit. But hopefully my words are helpful to you when and if you get your truck back you can secure what you got.

I'd be afraid if I caught them, I'd be be in jail. They really want that gooseneck bad to go through all this. I used to have to street park in Boston... I took the distributor rotor in with me nightly... pad locked the hood down (reach in by the fog lights... but when a punk tries to get the hood up, pressure on the lock & very hard to release with the key!) We've talked before about connecting a hidden switch to the clutch in pressure switch (no switchin the automatics but the wires still there). I suppose having the ECM fuse in your pocket would work too.

Battery switches are easy enough but unless it's hidden or protected in some way, it'll be defeated. Many of these trucks will run without power to the lift pump... as least a little while. The mechanical pumps it just takes a big arse screw driver to jump the starter. The VP trucks run on electricity. No ECM, no run. But the mods must be hidden, as we discussed in an earlier thread, so it looks factory... not leading the crook to our cut off switch. My suggestion would be to run a harness in protective crinkle tubing to interrupt the ECM fuse. Could have a whole row of switches which have to be set right to activate. Or a stealth switch somewhere... A devise to prevent the hood from opening would help prevent bypassing. Maybe something as simple as a block on the hood safety catch, that must be detached. Hard to do in the dark under pressure. Or disconnecting the hood release on the dash & requiring it to be released elsewhere.

• Owner

My best idea was to seperate the PDC (Power distribution Box) then take the fuel pump relay and look for the black lead on pin 85 of the relay and pin 20 of the Joint Connector seperate it from the joint connector and extend it into the cab. Now add a toggle switch to this black lead and ground the other end. Stack the toggle switch somewhere you can reach it easy without other in the cab even noticing. My idea was to use the hollow are behind the brake release. Reach down go click with you finger and no one even knows. But the truck will never start. Problem with pulling a single fuse or single relay is that there is other relays and fuse to replace it. So you would have to take them all. As for my idea runs on the principal of removing the relay but done with a single wire.If pepsi71ocean shows up he's got another idea that works really well but I can't remember the name of it. (CRS moment).

Think we need a thread showing how to do a battery shut off set up :think: . ISX..wanna run out and do it up? Seems you're always the one making the vids :lol:

I have my jeep, truck has been sitting ever since that tire blew out. I have no money to get new tires (though dad seems to be working on some possibly, he works at a wheel plant). Then my hard drive with all my years of work was erased and I've been pissed ever since. It's like why bother helping anyone when I have nothing. I help where I can but geeeez I'm crippled. You guys only saw like 10% of what I had. Anyhow, there are many ways to prevent this but it has already happened. I've been thinking of scenarios of finding it all day and then scenarios of what to do with the guys who stole it. I hope you get it back in the same shape you left it. I'm thinking you'll find it. Kind of a big nice truck to just hide somewhere. Definitely post pics though! On CF as well. :pray:

Well guys it's a Christmas miracle. My Dodge is back in my driveway. We got a call from a lady in Red Deer that takes in youths. A kid came there all freeked out cause his buddies left him passed out in my truck. He drove it to her house and she dug through the glovebox and found our phone number. We called the cops and drove in to get it. Was the longest 40 minute drive of my life. There's no damage on the body and it ran fine on the way home. They put on 197kms and used about 1/8 of a tank of fuel. Thanks for all of your support. For awhile there I was thinking I wouldn't have a reason to come back on this forum. I'm thinking of putting a switch in the starter solonoid wire. Then even if they hotwire or broke the column they would still have to crawl under and jump power to the small terminal to get it to crank. By then I will have shot them and started digging the hole. Cheers guys..... Think I'll go buy a lotto ticket :):hyper: