• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1,250* is max! I've heard no more then 1,250* for 30 seconds.Bone stock, (muffled exhaust, stock intake) on a slight incline cruising at 60, about 2,000, maybe 2,100 on the tachometer, pulling 8,000 lbs, I saw 950* for a few seconds, and then I topped the hill, and they fell back to ~700*. :thumbup2:EDIT: After I put the BHAF on, I pulled the same hill with the same weight, and EGT's were about ~50* cooler.

Texas CTD - Thanks a bunch. I pull about the same weight as you, and our trucks are about the same. You must have a 4:10 gear, mine is a 3.54, so expect for and difference altitude might make I should be almost the same.

No sir - 3.54, NV4500. :thumb1:

My buddy and I were discussing this exact thing last night. He tows a lot and heavy, as well as runs a 12V pulling truck. Pulling truck is stupid mean, and tow rig is a modified, twin turbo 24v (both are 2gens.)

He runs 16-1800* in his pulling truck. Towing, he regularly sees 14-1500*F pulling long grades, no issues thusfar.

Is this a good practice for the average Joe? Doubtful. I asked about the 12-1300*F range under load for a minute or two, and he responded "wouldn't worry about it"..

Food for thought..

Puller: Posted Image

TowRig: Posted Image

I must be confused, or I am the wrong guy replying to this thread... I don't have a DPF, and I don't recall ever saying I did.... This is Utah Dully...

He was reading the signature of CUMMINSDIESELPWR , look at his sig from post #11 above, says he has the dpf "Diesel particulate filter" deleted which didn't come along until around 2008. Nothing to do with you.

- - - Updated - - -

While towing with my 02, I ran 1250-1300 consistantly for years with no issues. Measured Pre-turbo rear section of manifold collector.

I know guys with modded 3rd gens who never see anything less than 1200 while towing full time.

He was reading the signature of Dieselautopower, look at his sig from post #11 above, says he has the dpf "Diesel particulate filter" deleted which didn't come along until around 2008. Nothing to do with you.

- - - Updated - - -

While towing with my 02, I ran 1250-1300 consistantly for years with no issues. Measured Pre-turbo rear section of manifold collector.

I know guys with modded 3rd gens who never see anything less than 1200 while towing full time.

CUMMINSDIESELPWR, not Dieselautopower

:cookoo::lmao:

you're confusing me, now.. but that's easy to do, as of late..

Fixed it lol, reading one thing and thinking another.........Happens a lot more since I broke 40 a couple years ago.:doh:

Wait till you are 60. I cant remember to zip up my zipper anymore:doh:. No wait that happened at 50, now I cant remember what happened at 60. If I remember Ill let yall know.:think::shrug::lmao: