• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

I see where the wire is cut at the end of the gray bundle.  Is that so you can run it into the cab and then make the final connections?

I see where the wire is cut at the end of the gray bundle.  Is that so you can run it into the cab and then make the final connections?

That's for the LED function. If you want you can hook it up to keyed power or +12V for the LED to remind you that MPG mode is on...

• Like 1

Swweeeet! Looks good. So, you said you were going to do a writeup on this too, right? Are any of the connections going to interfere with an edge comp, etc?

I think the knob could be of a different style...

• Like 1

Are there any disadvantages to having your ECM reflashed from the dealer? I don't have high idle.

Edited by moostang

Swweeeet! Looks good. So, you said you were going to do a writeup on this too, right? Are any of the connections going to interfere with an edge comp, etc?

I think the knob could be of a different style...

Write will be on hook up and diagnostics. But no design for do-it-yourself... As for connections there is none that will affect the Edge Comp It hooks to the IAT sensor and the ECT sensor which neither sensor the Edge Comp even uses.

Are there any disadvantages to having your ECM reflashed from the dealer? I don't have high idle.

No. The dealer flash and a smarty flash are exactly the same its just dealer charges for their time where a Smarty is free.

I was just wondering the same thing if the mpg tune will get screwed up with my adrenaline

All the MPG part does is fool the manifold temperature upwards to 143*F this aids in bringing the timing back to a usable level most have reported at least 1-2 MPG gain with it in cold weather Winter fronts and BHAF help even more so.

• Like 1

When I go down to have my truck flashed with the high idle software, should I disconnect my comp? Or will it not matter being plugged in? I would think not because the comp doesnt use the IAT/ECT info.

Any flash work done by the dealer make sure to unhook the Edge Comp (or any enhancements) before the DRBIII is used.

• Like 2