• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High Idle Kit Is Here

• Owner

Okay, stop talking about it, so I can forget all about it and not have to beg!

Let's say the Secret Squirrel hosting is all done right here on M73M.com. So you never know if Ed might ask some one to Beta test this product. Might be a good time to update your signatures and truck information. All I can say is I tossed another idea at Ed for another product just a few days ago. Fairly simple product too.

Honestly, I am up to 6 different beta testers. All of that comes out of pocket. With my selections, I run through all types of trucks & will start ordering parts next week. I need to gather the screennames for the testers & get them all in line. All involved will be testing the "Holy Grail" of VP44 trucks.

I do thank you for your offer, but I can only really feild what I already have. We will definitely keep you in mind for future projects.

Thank you,

Ed

• Like 1

But what you're ignoring is how good us untapped beta testers would be. Lol.

The requirements are pretty specific... From your sig you wouldn't be able to help! Trust me I would have helped test as well, but I didn't meet the requirements!

Mopar Man, I finally got a chance to check out the final write up for the gauge pod installation. I think it looks good, but I would change a few things if I could.

1. At the end take out the last sentence, as that was just for people's input on the forum. 

2. Let people know that the power wire can be ran to any 12V source, or any 12V wire can be tapped to add the power.

Other than that it looks great and I appreciate the opportunity to do the write up!

• Owner

hell i would pay to test one of the switches those thing look cool

You can buy them from DAP. I think they run about $150. Not really anything to test anymore as they are a full time selling product now.

Yes... It's a completed product now. Testing is all over for version 2 high idle kits.

Since I am a vendor on this forum, I can actually tell it all !!!! Go to www.dieselautopower.com & buy the high idle/MPG fooler setup. Next week will feature the brushed aluminum plates of both flavors. Regular plates will run you $150. Brushed aluminum will run $155. Plug & play & in a winter season or 2, you will have paid for it in fuel savings, let alone preheating your engine properly.

Ed

• Like 1

I still havent gotten my fooler yet :banghead:  but I just did a 2400 mile trip last weekend and just shoved a 2.2k ohm resister in the IAT plug. I can tell you I gained at least 4 mpg's. This whole winter I have been averaging about 17 and every tank this weekend I was at about 22 mpg's!! That was hand calculated using GPS. I didnt do anything else special, ran 70 mph (1800 rpm's) the whole time. It is pretty flat out here so that helped too. Must have just found that sweet spot.

• Like 1

Anything in the works for us old 3rd gen guys? You second gen guys just need to let them die in peace.................... :gun:

Neeeeeeveeeer!!!!!!!

If the day ever comes these trucks are played around and tinkered with like people do with an old 50's chevy, I will be one of them! I'm a lifer with this thing now!

Heck, if I had to form my own sheet metal to keep the body in good shape I will!