• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Let It Snow

dorkweed

It's been snowing here essentially non-stop now since about 1:00PM yesterday.  Shoveled about 9-10" of snow earlier today…….10:00AMish…………….probably have another 2-3" now.  

Cut a load of future firewood both yesterday and on Monday, and I can't see it now!!!!  I just unloaded it in the front yard, just off the sidewalk.  Temp is about 20*F now…………..this is all coming off Lake Michigan (lake effect snow) as the wind is straight out of the East off the lake.  It's cold, so the snow is real light and dry.

• Staff

You can send some of that our way to west Oregon, everyone wants it out here. It's like we don't get a winter, most times just plain rain. we are in the early stages of a drought this time around.

Happy New Year out there. You'll need snow shoes if you keep getting our moisture clouds going your way.

Edited by JAG1

Update………………….still snowing………………….a bit harder now………………………gonna have to shovel another 5-6" at least later…………………just so I don't have to shovel more than that tomorrow morning!!!

Future forecast is calling for snow here until about 6:00AM tomorrow.  That future forecast also showed projected highs here for next week Mon and Tues of being -8 and -3*…………….for "high" temps!!!! :wow:

Yea, I'm just like Mike! Barely seen any snow this year. Nice in one aspect cause the tourists have not been as thick here. Although, it is taking somewhat of a toll on the local economy because of it..

So in the spirit of winter, "Let it snow!"

Atleast I could have put my butt to work doin snow removal... so much for that!

We have had plenty of snow here as well. We havent seen any for a few days now but at any point we have at least a foot left on the ground. Some places where it drifted from the wind it is up to 2 feet. I would love to get more snow but I would be totally fine without the -40 temps!!!

But it's a "dry" cold!!! :2cents:  :duh:

Oh yea...... 'dry' so it don't go through ya..... :cookoo:  You guys want snow? Come and get all you want. We have had 136.8 inches of the white crap in the last 12 months. We even saw 50 inches just in the month of April. Temp tonight -22F and about -5F for a high tomorrow. I can't wait for it to warm up.....

• Like 1

Oh yea...... 'dry' so it don't go through ya..... :cookoo:  You guys want snow? Come and get all you want. We have had 136.8 inches of the white crap in the last 12 months. We even saw 50 inches just in the month of April. Temp tonight -22F and about -5F for a high tomorrow. I can't wait for it to warm up.....

Tom, you should migrate to (not so) sunny and warm north east Ohio for the winters! We only have about 6" of snow, and highs forecasted in the single digits to low teens next week, with the weather youve been getting you could run around in shorts and t shirts down here!

Tom, you should migrate to (not so) sunny and warm north east Ohio for the winters! We only have about 6" of snow, and highs forecasted in the single digits to low teens next week, with the weather youve been getting you could run around in shorts and t shirts down here!

Well, I do have places around there to stay (Windsor, Orwell, Hartsgrove). I spent quite a few winters there and if it got to zero it was real cold!

We have been getting 2-3 inches a 2-3 times a week, lucky for us it hasn't been windy yet but sounds like that will change this weekend. we have about a foot of snow in the open areas and it is so cold it is all powder snow, tomorrow it is supposed to get into the high 30's but I doubt it will be long enough to melt the snow to put a crust on it before the wind kicks in.

Will probably have 4-5 foot drifts to deal with by the end of the weekend...................................... :cry:

• Like 1

We have been getting 2-3 inches a 2-3 times a week, lucky for us it hasn't been windy yet but sounds like that will change this weekend. we have about a foot of snow in the open areas and it is so cold it is all powder snow, tomorrow it is supposed to get into the high 30's but I doubt it will be long enough to melt the snow to put a crust on it before the wind kicks in.

Will probably have 4-5 foot drifts to deal with by the end of the weekend...................................... :cry:

I'm right behind ya. The only difference is we are about 10* colder but about the same weather.

Be glad you aren't here..... Global warming my @$$. -17F as I type, supposed to warm up to about +10F tomorrow with up to 3" of snow then a HIGH on Sunday of -11F a low of -33F back to a high of -15F on Monday...... Up by the Canadian border it was -59F and the all time state record is -60F. Winter sucks.