• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Track Bar

spikepuller

Since getting the death wabble ive looked at track bars. I can get a moog for around $100 and its non adjustable or a carli for $345. Is the carli worth it and its adjustable. Also does anyone know what mm the sway bar is because i want to get bushings. Its an 04.5 2500. Does the steering stabilizer brace help. Thanks for the info

• Owner

Lot of people claim the steering box brace helps a bunch but typically they are running oversized tire which increase the leverage stress on the steering components and the gear box. Same goes for the track bar which typically fails from oversized tires as well from the added stress from the tires. So once everything wears out a little bit and gets loose the the Death Wobble starts.

I would also check the shocks while I was there too.

• Staff

The steering stabilizer brace is a huge improvement, on stock tires! If you haven't ran one then you don't realize what you are missing. After installing it I wish I had done it when the truck was new.

If you are lifted/leveled then you want the adjustable track bar, I think there are adjustable options that are good quality and cheaper than Carli.

• Like 2

The steering stabilizer brace is a huge improvement, on stock tires! If you haven't ran one then you don't realize what you are missing. After installing it I wish I had done it when the truck was new.

If you are lifted/leveled then you want the adjustable track bar, I think there are adjustable options that are good quality and cheaper than Carli.

This^^^^^

Had a steering box brace on my 98 and it helped a bit. Just got a Thuren Track Bar for the CR and its a nice piece. I was getting a shimmy at 65mph and the new track bar took care of that. The reason I went with Thuren over Carli is, Thuren's bar is threaded to except the hiem joint where Carli's bar has a threaded joint welded to the end and I have heard of a few guys breaking them off. I ordered direct from Don and it was $340 shipped.

• 2 weeks later...

I need a track bar to I am looking at this one from Geno's and was wondering what what you guys think? 240 for my year. Its this or pure performance track bar

UUC_TrackBarKit.gif

http://www.genosgarage.com/UUC-ADJUSTABLE-TRACK-BAR-KIT-4WD-2500_3500-03-12/productinfo/TWD-2535-TB03/#.Uu_9Dj2wJrQ

or Pure performance

3305.jpg

279$       http://www.8lugtruckgear.com/Pure-Performance-Dodge-Heavy-Duty-Adjustable-Track-Bar-p688.html

Why throw away a perfectly good track bar on a 3rd gen when all you need to make it better than new are 20 dollar polyurethane bushings.

I did the Geno's Garage bushings………….don't remember the brand………………but big time difference for me from the stockers!!!

Well I think I may give the genos bar a try I like the joint at the axle side plus my truck is lifted 4.5 inches does it matter probably not cause I have drop brackets and pitman arm   :thumbup2: then I can buy the upgraded steering linkage!

Edited by ADawg

Ok so after talking to my brother and someone in this threads recommendations I am going to replace the bushings first then go from there. What are the advantages of an aftermarket track bar? I mean I know you get a heim joint and it's adjustable but if you have a drop bracket than the adjustment is not needed right? I am just trying to get rid of my death wobble.

Edited by ADawg

• Owner

I need a track bar to I am looking at this one from Geno's and was wondering what what you guys think? 240 for my year. Its this or pure performance track bar

UUC_TrackBarKit.gif

http://www.genosgarage.com/UUC-ADJUSTABLE-TRACK-BAR-KIT-4WD-2500_3500-03-12/productinfo/TWD-2535-TB03/#.Uu_9Dj2wJrQ

or Pure performance

3305.jpg

279$       http://www.8lugtruckgear.com/Pure-Performance-Dodge-Heavy-Duty-Adjustable-Track-Bar-p688.html

These fail also. I got one locally that is loose as well and no way to repair it. The factory mount is cut off the frame too. So the owner has to buy this bar all over again he's not happy.

• 11 months later...