• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar1973Man is on his way to California...

Ok, here's your 3/21 up-date .....Michael & Chief Allen are now waking up for the day.  They had the luck of landing in a motel that is only a few blocks away from where they are supposed to pick up that truck.  They are refreshed, alert, etc., and plan to get the hell out of Cali as soon as the papers are signed and the truck is loaded.  Plan is to drive into Reno, Nv and spend the night.  All this is subject to change....but for the time now...that's their plan.  Love ya, Moparmom

• Like 3

Wife and I left our house west of Bismarck ND and drove straight thrrough to Phoenix AZ a few years ago and not knowing the GPS setting took us on the shortest route past denver where my wife took over and wife didn't wake me until 3 am lost on narrow 2 lane mountain roads in sw colorado, took us a bit longer to get on track after that rather than fastest and heading straight south of Denver on the interstate. But it was scenic once we figured out where we were and where we were headed.

Made it there in 23 hours with a breakfast stop in a small town in the mountains in colo.

I'll bet that it was still YOUR fault also!!!

Michael & his Chief are 1 hour away from Reno,Nv.  They are going to drive on into Winnemucca, Nv. and stay there.  They are pleased with the diesel they are bring back and they are enjoying the trip.  Very pleased with everything.  Love MoparMom.

• Staff

I bet your glad to be home!!

2006 7.3??? Repower ($$$$) or misprint?

Even the F-550 has the 6.OH-NO in 2006.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/TRUCKBBAS/non-html/2006/vs_pdf/fseriessd-ms_06.pdf

If it is a 6.0 I would bring it to Deranged Diesel in Boise for a bullet-proofing kit and start saving for www.destroked.com, even the "bullet-proofing" is a temporary fix.

Sandpoint city's rescue vehicle is an f-350... Ambulances are more often than not a Ford as well.

:banghead:

Unless your like Mike, even if the ford lives up to its name, response time for another unit is not too bad. Atleast around here, lol.

...alright, alright, I think I'll stop bashing ford.

• Owner

If it wasn't for the fact that Dodge owners didn't ask so damn much for there used trucks we (or the Fire Chief) would of bought a Dodge over a Ford but Ford 550 trucks are cheaper by near 5,000-8,000 dollars over any Dodge of like year. The fire dept spent right around $6,900 for this truck. Like I said I'll get more information and pic today.

• Staff

If it wasn't for the fact that Dodge owners didn't ask so damn much for there used trucks we (or the Fire Chief) would of bought a Dodge over a Ford but Ford 550 trucks are cheaper by near 5,000-8,000 dollars over any Dodge of like year. The fire dept spent right around $6,900 for this truck. Like I said I'll get more information and pic today.

Anything with a 6.0 is cheap, it's the worst and most unreliable diesel ever put into a pickup and the resale value shows that.

• Like 1

Anything with a 6.0 is cheap, it's the worst and most unreliable diesel ever put into a pickup and the resale value shows that.

The 6.4 wasn't much better........................and the 6.7 they run now is hit or miss;  and they get piss poor mileage from what I've read.  Just saying, not arguing or course!! :tongue:  :thumb1: